« Conflict of Interest? Bias? NAH!!! | Main | Hillary Clinton May Only Be Fooling Herself »
May272016

Extended Weekend Open Thread

Seems like it's been a while since I did a "meh, who cares, let's just put something up post", but sadly this won't be one of those.  In fact, I might get wordy.   It's been that kind of week.

Before I begin, I just want to start by saying... I like my new Senator:

So good it almost makes you feel dirty.    I'm guessing a vast majority of frantic left-wingers felt the same way today (only without the "good" aspect) after seeing this epic tweet-blooper from MSNBC:

Unfortunately the tweet was quickly ruined with the appearance of Obama...  much like the economy, our nation's border, and every woman's public bathroom in America before it.

OFF TOPIC:   Since Bill Clinton was once considered the country's first black president... Does that mean Obama is our nation's first transgender President?   (I'm thinking legacy)

Speaking of the Commander in Chief, did you see he's finally going after ISIS?   Only, not in the way YOU might think, by, you know...  killing them.   No, instead he's looking for ways to PROSECUTE them.   What a humanitarian.   Nevermind the growing trail of dead, innocent bodies left along the way.

Oh, and he told reporters in Japan he'd take one more question in his press conference today...   unfortunately for him it was a question about Prison Granny's growing email scandal.

Prison Granny went into full damage control mode Thursday after this news broke:

... Oh, and her aides' depositions are being kept private.

Is THIS bad?

Hillary defended herself saying is would not "affect either the campaign or my presidency.” She also noted that her use of private email was not unprecedented (even though Collin Powell, Condaleeza Rice and others didn't openly lie, delete emails, nor were they uncooperative with inspectors):

“I have turned over all of my emails. No one else can say that," Clinton said. "I have been incredibly open about doing that.”

About 32,000 emails were deleted before she "turned them all over".

If I was her opponent, I'd want to debate her again too.   I bet Sanders only wishes he'd have had the courage to take her on earlier in the race instead of skating around it.    Guess he'll have to settle for a charity debate with Trump (who clinched the GOP nomination b.t.w.) instead.   Maybe if they threw in a few hundred thousand dollars to the Clinon Foundation we could turn this into a threesome.   Just sayin'.

And almost lastly...  another sad, pathetic politican:  Sen Orrin Hatch.    He wasn't capable of just admitting that Republicans are going to do whatever it takes to block any Supreme Court nominee until after Obama is gone (and good riddance to him) and instead tried to take some phony noble route by issuing a statement via an Op-Ed that read:

“Like many of my Senate colleagues, I recently met with Chief Judge Merrick Garland, President Obama’s nominee to the Supreme Court. … Our meeting, however, does not change my conviction that the Senate should consider a Supreme Court nominee after this presidential election cycle"

One problem:  he hadn't met with Garland yet.   It was a draft that got accidentally published before the two had even had the opportunity to get acquainted.  SPOILER ALERT:  Garland didn't impress.

However, my vote for most ridiculous, idiotic, offensive pile(s) of oh-my-gawd-what-the-heck-is-that goes to the people of Tap 4 Fun... more pointedly the people behind their mobile MMO game "Invasion".   It's of the same mold as Game of War (remember that commercial?) and Mobile Strike (now sporting the Governator in its ads)

Well apparently this Invasion game (created by the company Tap 4 Fun) is looking for their own spokesperson, having seen the attention they've gained for their competition...  only they have decided to open it up to their players to, get this, VOTE on who their spokesperson should be out of a handful of candidates.

Today I got a message (in-game)... here's what it read:

Yes, they misspelled Keifer Sutherland's name... and no, I don't believe Baltimore Maryland is an actual person's name...  but they also included... Chris... KYLE!?  As in the Frog who's funeral was so notable that it had to be held at Cowboy Stadium Chris Kyle?!?!?   WHAT???!!!!!!

The Facebook backlash has been fairly constant all day, and deservedly so.  Definitely biggest douches of the decade so far for either not knowing or (worse) knowing and finding it funny to put him in list of actors, a boxer (no idea what Mayweather has to do with a war game), an MMA fighter (ditto) and a city recently known for civil unrest thanks in part to their leftist State's Attorney that fell off the soapbox trying to make a name for herself.

This post is beginning to make me lose even more faith in humanity, so screw this, let's call it a weekend .  Enjoy the upcoming Memorial Day...   and don't forget to vote for Chris Kyle as a final "F-you" to Tap 4 Fun via their silly Facebook question (make sure you ask that all his proceeds as a spokeperson are paid in full to his family).

"Hey, how’s that ol’ “IndictmentWatch™” thing coming along?

I guess one man’s “felony bombshell” is another one’s “dumbass scandalette.”

May 26, 2016 at 15:18 | Winston"

The bile just reeks from DF....

May 27, 2016 at 06:17 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

President POS is doing his best non-apology, apology over in Hiroshima today. Talking about the A-bomb we dropped on Hiroshima as "death from above." Someone remind this retard that hundreds of thousands of American and Japanese lives were saved by the early termination of hostilities due to the A-bomb.. I guess the challenge with the Japanese is explaining to them that Barry doesn't speak for the American people.. He's an irrelevant dumbass known as President 4Putt..

May 27, 2016 at 06:23 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller
May 27, 2016 at 09:19 | Registered CommenterDuff, man

Bernie won't comment because he's a numbskull who knows nothing about economics, and has no idea why a socialist "paradise" might fail. He knows buzz words and talking points that he finds in the Socialism for Dummies book, and that's about it.

But what else could we expect from a bum who never had a job until he was in his 40s, and who has been on the public teat ever since.

May 27, 2016 at 09:57 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Venezuela sits on well over a trillion dollars in oil and gas yet it's people eat dogs & rats, there is no toilet paper and the hospitals if you want to call them that are cockroach infested shit holes. This is the equivalent of me writing time and time again that libs i.e. socialists can F' up a two piece puzzle. If Trump & Bernie do debate you know Trump is bringing up Venezuela as a socialist "bright light."

May 27, 2016 at 10:21 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

President I-Hate-America called our war-ending bombing of Hiroshima an "evil" act. No mention of the fact that the Japanese started the war, that the A-bombs saved far more lives than they took, and that it was those bombs that ended the war that we neither wanted nor started. History for Obama is about as difficult as understanding the Constitution. Both subjects are foreign to him.

May 27, 2016 at 12:16 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Hillary is now begging for dollars by wailing that Trump can actually win. HaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!!!!

May 27, 2016 at 17:03 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Love having the search function. Got intrigued by Redbeard’s expression “whistling past the graveyard” so I searched for other times he used it. Here are the grim outcomes he maintained I was trying to keep at bay: Professor al-Nafisi was going to become a household name; mocking Candidate Obama’s energy policy as based on tire gauges would surely defeat him and was great strategy for John McCain; the President could not possibly win re-election; and Hillary’s email scandalette will surely be her downfall (last March). Just sayin’.

Back in 2012 the GOP commissioned an autopsy that concluded if the party did not move very quickly to appeal to women, Hispanics and young people, it was toast. Do I need to point out that was roundly ignored? In fact, a few days ago The Worst Thing Ever™ made a point of antagonizing one of the Party’s most up-and-coming figures, a Latina Governor.

This is why Pelosi is right. You have nominated possibly the most undisciplined candidate for President in history. The Worst Thing Ever™ will say anything to anyone at any time. Whatever flits through his head, he’ll say. His colossal neediness and incessant bullying and total lack of discipline are illustrated by how obnoxiously he behaves toward even the Republicans who’ve endorsed him (“Oreos”), and the ones whose support he needs.

And believe me, I get it: you hate Paul Ryan and you hate all those RINOs and f*** them all, right? Fine. But: When was a Presidential campaign ever successful with the attitude of “F*** you, I don’t need you”?

You guys are well and truly screwed. I’m looking forward to five months of listening to you whistling past the graveyard.

May 27, 2016 at 20:32 | Registered CommenterWinston

Excellent attempt at bravado there, Winnie. A bit long-winded as usual, but a valiant attempt in any case.

Note my deliberate use of the word "attempt."

May 28, 2016 at 08:01 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Strange bedfellows. As much as Obama hates the Clintons, it's interesting to watch him send out his legal lackeys to try to block depositions from The Old Bag and hamstring the investigation. Hillary probably told him that she would dump a ton of crap on his head if he failed to help her. She probably has all the rotten details of Fast and Furious, for example.

"Barry! Wake up! This is Hillary. Listen up. Here's what you're gonna do for me, or else!"

May 28, 2016 at 08:10 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

SHOCKING news! [just kidding about the shocking part]

May 28, 2016 at 08:57 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

I note your white-knuckled rigid determination not to respond with a single word of substantive disagreement. That tells me it's a bull's-eye.

May 28, 2016 at 09:16 | Registered CommenterWinston

You seem excessively proud of yourself, Winnie. I think a shrink would call that hubris. I have a different word for it, but we'll skip that for now.

As for my "rigid determination" not to offer "substantive disagreement," where have you been? I've been substantively disagreeing with you for a very long time, in a rigidly determined fashion. Perhaps you missed all that during your frequent flights away from reality.

May 28, 2016 at 09:44 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

"I've been substantively disagreeing with you for a very long time, in a rigidly determined fashion."

Yup, you have. You told me I was whistling past the graveyard to think Professor al-Nafisi would not sink the Obama campaign. You said it was whistling past the graveyard to think mocking Candidate Obama’s energy policy was a dumbass strategy that would not help John McCain. You accused me of whistling past the graveyard when I expressed that the President would probably be re-elected, and said skepticism that Hillary’s email scandalette would seriously hurt her was whistling past the graveyard.

So who's in flight from reality here?

May 28, 2016 at 10:01 | Registered CommenterWinston

We will see how Hillary weathers the storm, won't we? If she escapes justice, I won't be at all surprised. If she gets hoist by her own petard, I won't be at all unhappy. I don't know the outcome, and neither do you. I simply find it amusing that you continue to dismiss her problems as irrelevant, despite the obvious difficulty she is having in trying to defeat an old grouchy ne'er-do-well socialist imbecile.

May 28, 2016 at 10:37 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

I'm glad you're amused; it's just that the last four times you were amused, you wound up being wrong.

Sanders' ideas are popular. It's that simple.

May 28, 2016 at 11:01 | Registered CommenterWinston

There's no divisiveness quite like racial divisiveness.

May 28, 2016 at 13:16 | Unregistered Commenterskinny

"Sanders' ideas" is the winner of the trophy for Oxymoron of the Year. That befuddled old fool knows NOTHING but soundbites and simple mantras. His knowledge of economics is so lacking that he can't even make change. Same goes for most of his rabid supporters. Ignorant to the 10th power, but easily swayed by the aforementioned empty-headed soundbites.

Hang the rich, cuz they're evil! Disney doesn't pay employees enough, because motorcycles don't have doors ! Free beer for everyone, cuz it don't cost nuthin'!

May 28, 2016 at 14:52 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Skinny, good link. Too bad the Bernie faithful won't read it, or if they do they won't understand it.

May 28, 2016 at 15:14 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Just a thought....... Winnie, did you really waste an incredible amount of time searching the archives for "graveyard" and "whistling," or do you want us to believe you have total recall?

May 28, 2016 at 16:48 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

About seventeen seconds start to finish including typing, Redbeard.

May 28, 2016 at 18:40 | Registered CommenterWinston

I'm SO impressed, Winnie. Well done. [golf clap]

Small side note: Thank you to all the subhuman scum protesting against Trump, carrying signs calling for his death, waving foreign flags, f-bombing the hand painted poster world, etc. Your efforts continue to provide a huge [yuuuge] boost for Trump. Please keep it up. Maybe overturn and burn a few cars next time. Just a thought.

May 28, 2016 at 20:20 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

* yawn *

May 28, 2016 at 22:26 | Registered CommenterWinston

An example of Bernie Sanders' "ideas" was his answer to the Univision question about why Venezuela is crumbling. Bernie, who is trying to sell us the same socialist recipe for economic collapse, refused to answer. Said he's too busy running a political campaign to comment. Funny, watching the ancient and deranged blockhead stick his fingers in his ears and hum loudly. Lalalalalalaaaaaaaaaaa..................

May 29, 2016 at 07:52 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Skinny, I finally got around to watching Tom Cotton's video. BRAVO!

It's about time someone on the R side showed some guts and put Filthy Harry Reid in his place. For far too long, the phony collegiality of the Senate has interfered with honesty and defense of principle.

You got any more like Cotton? Can we borrow some for Florida?

May 29, 2016 at 08:29 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Memorial Day is tomorrow, and the walking scumbuckets of the left are busy defacing memorials to our troops who gave their last full measure of devotion to this country. Words adequate to describe my anger fail me.

Burn in hell, you foul bastards.

May 29, 2016 at 12:17 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Kwawk "You Magnificent Bastard" to steal a line from the movie Patton happy Memorial Day...

May 29, 2016 at 21:05 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

Leftie lunatics on parade, Part 47,690,345.

An innocent little 5-year-old kindergarten girl in Colorado was suspended for the horrific crime of showing up at school with a bubble-blowing gun. A clear plastic toy, with Disney princesses on the sides, that blows friggin' BUBBLES. And yet the brain-dead "educators" thought that suspending the kid was the best course of action. Not confiscating the toy and telling her it was against the rules, oh no. Suspension.

When I was a kid, we brought all sorts of "wrong" things to school. No one was tossed out of school for bringing a wooden rubber band "gun" or a "gun" carved out of a giant eraser (not that I would ever have done such a thing). It was confiscated, and the kid got a stern word. Maybe a note to the parents. That's sensible. This Colorado suspension is anything BUT sensible. It's loopy.

Thanks, lefties, for turning our schools into havens for incompetent and deranged administrators.

May 30, 2016 at 10:16 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Too easy.

"Thanks, righties, for turning our schools into shooting ranges for deranged assault weapons collectors."

Nooshans blaming "the left" for a problem THEY created, example 7,894,412.

May 30, 2016 at 11:18 | Registered CommenterWinston

DF blames conservatives for nut bag lefties shooting up schools? CLASSIC.

Btw; my favorite demwit over reaction to 'guns' in schools was the little boy who chewed his Pop Tart into a gun.. "Stick em' up DF. I've got a Pop Tart gun and I won't all Prozac money."

May 30, 2016 at 11:42 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

Once again, Winnie insists upon proving the theory that leftism is a mental disorder. Apparently, he thinks a clear plastic "princess" bubble gun carried by an innocent 5-year-old is a gateway product, inevitably leading to the 5-year-old growing up into a psychopath who then shoots up a school.

May 30, 2016 at 12:41 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

I see again that the left is showing their love for the military all over the U.S by desecrating war memorials on Memorial weekend.. And they wonder why real Americans hate the left...

May 30, 2016 at 12:50 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

"I won't all Prozac money."

....aaaand World’s Wrongest Man™ descends into total gibberish....

May 30, 2016 at 15:12 | Registered CommenterWinston

Total gibberish as a result of not proofreading is far more accurate than Winston's well proofread, spellchecked, and elegantly phrased faux erudition.

May 30, 2016 at 16:09 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

DF didn't get the joke as a five year old would talk as the "..." with a a Pop Tart gun. Shocking as the mental advancement is so similar.

May 30, 2016 at 19:02 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

After all the violence at Trump events perpetrated by the left, the media are tickled pink to report that Bernie's rally was disrupted by violent mobs of protesters. So... see? SEE?

Yeah, well. sorry leftie media. There were 4 (four) screamers from the animal rights gang who rushed Bernie's stage. That's correct, less than a handful of loopy lefties acting out. And attacking another leftie. The stupid is strong with these people. Once again on display is proof that leftism is a mental disorder.

May 31, 2016 at 07:53 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

I see as some blogs affectionately call Barry "President 4Putt" played his 291st round of golf of his Presidency on Saturday.. if only Barry had spent that much time with his cabinet or Joint Chiefs...

May 31, 2016 at 10:43 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

Glenn Beck has gone a step too far this time. By inference and verbal nodding, he seemed to be agreeing with, or at least not rejecting, a recent guest's notion of killing Trump if he gets elected and can't be removed from office legally. Sirius XM has suspended Beck's show for a week while trying to decide what to do with him.

Beck started his radio career on one of our local Tampa stations. Seemed decent enough back then. But over time, something quite odd has happened to him, something that has made me so uncomfortable that I quit listening to him altogether some time back. And now this. Troubling.

May 31, 2016 at 10:48 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Duff;

Barry and Hilda's "thank you sir may I have another" style of foreign policy has failed miserably..That's what happens when your need for love is more important than respect...

May 31, 2016 at 16:26 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

Lefties NEVER learn ANYTHING from history, such as the cold hard fact that playing patsy for hostile powers does nothing but harm our position. Dictators and strongmen are impressed and restrained by our strength, and emboldened by our weakness.

Which policy helped save the world from Hitler? Was it Chamberlain's wilted flower approach, or was it Churchill's resolve to never, never, never, never give in?

June 1, 2016 at 07:20 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

DoD (Dumbass of the Day) award goes to Louisiana lawmaker Barbara Norton (D-Shreveport). D, as if we didn't know without being told. This dumbass opposes a requirement that students read the Declaration of Independence, because... it's RA-A-A-A-Acist!!!!!!!!!! You know, because it failed to instantly wipe out slavery in 1776. Or something.

That's right, one of the greatest documents in the freedom archive, and this dumbass opposes having kids read it. She has absolutely no comprehension of the history of the Declaration, or how it paved the way for all civil rights laws.

And yet, she gets elected to serve the people. Serve them what, dumbassery?

June 1, 2016 at 07:57 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

An ape gets killed to protect a child, and the internet erupts with massive outrage. Six human beings get murdered on Memorial Day in Chicago, and no one cares. Welcome to the 21st Century.

June 2, 2016 at 08:47 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Red;

The left initially started to hammer the mother as a bad parent and the family had it coming if something happened tot he child then it was exposed she was African-American; so that avenue was shut down BIG TIME...It's a moral dilemma of the F'up kind for the left; animal rights vs minority rights... Getcha popcorn...

June 2, 2016 at 09:32 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

Some crazed Twitter comments made me laugh, like the one that blamed the killing of the ape on "white privilege," because they were saving a white kid's life. One problem there, though, given that the child is black.

The crazy is strong with the left.

June 2, 2016 at 10:44 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

I see that Madam Clinton's computer guru, Bryan Pagliano, is planning to take the 5th in the upcoming deposition. This isn't his first time invoking the 5th, either. And this is despite him already having an immunity deal in place for the criminal investigation. Interesting. The entirely fair question is why he thinks he needs to protect himself. What has he done?

Or maybe he just doesn't want to emulate Vince Foster. Oh, nuts. Did I actually type that out? I'm a bad boy, I am.

June 2, 2016 at 11:25 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Comic relief. Mitch McConnell and his RINO cabal apparently thought this video would be enlightening. No, only if you think it enlightening to see lots of video of his fat ass.

Absolutely pathetic. Fire the RINO media team for gross incompetence. Good grief.

June 2, 2016 at 11:34 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

OMG.... a teleprompterless Obama is a frightening thing... I just watched that stuttering, word garbling POTUS video try to take down Trump and he preceded to make himself look like an idiot in need of speech therapy...You know Barack Obama is the smartest President ever? I mean those legally closed off transcripts at Occidental and Harvard would tell us so....

June 2, 2016 at 12:58 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

Still flogging dead scandalettes here I see. Sad!

June 2, 2016 at 13:09 | Registered CommenterWinston