« Nominating Hillary Would be a Democrat Disaster Simply to Protect the Status Quo* | Main | John Kasich's Laughable Exit »
Tuesday
May102016

Election Night / New Thread

Raise your hand in the air... . if you just don't care... about criminal indictmentsBecause new threads are fun.

So Trump is already being called the winner in West Virginia, but there's apparently a push to see Cruz re-enter the race if he wins in Nebraska.   So... we'll see how that goes (not holding my breathe).

Hillary however, not so certain.  Should be another nail-biting night for her.   She was ahead going into WV, but it also sounds like coal miners hate her, so you never know.

Maybe I'll follow up with results.

Maybe I won't.

We'll see.

:: Cheers ::

Thanks for the thread, Mr. Acid!

May 11, 2016 at 07:25 | Registered CommenterWinston

Ah' DF, if you're to take a shit in the middle of the floor; don't expect someone else to clean it up. I'm referring to your earlier Ronald Reagan quote that he said "deficits don't matter." What Reagan said was in the context of initially lowering taxes incurring higher deficits is ok to spur the economy. Eventually as proven by him, revenues rise due to exploding growth and those revenues can be applied to the debt so it will be lowered.. So you idiot; please stop with the economics. You're way over your head... Stick to tricky words like "scandalette."

May 11, 2016 at 08:33 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

Ted Cruz: "I might restart my camp...... what..... er.......... never mind."

May 11, 2016 at 08:50 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Thanks also for the link. It's an interesting read. Still, I confess I've read the Samuels piece about Rhodes twice now and I can't really discern what all the fuss is about. Is it shocking news that the President is filled with contempt for the DC foreign policy establishment of both parties? Not really. Is it a stop-the-presses moment that at the top of the government there are talented people who spend a lot of time and expertise on shaping the narratives and stories about public policy? I don't think so. Are we startled to be told media corporations have decimated their foreign desks and almost no one who covers the foreign news, military, and diplomacy beats has the experience, background and institutional knowledge their conunterparts had thirty years ago? Nope.

I know everyone's focusing on the storyline that the Administration hoodwinked the press on the Iran deal, but if that's the lead, there's precious little meat in the story to back it up. There were some real nuggets of interest (Obama perspective shaped by growing up abroad) and it was an arresting profile (and the story you linked to was also interesting), but I don't really get all the brou-ha-ha about it. Seems a lot of inside baseball between DC power players and the DC media who cover them. I'm open to being schooled, though, if I'm missing something important.

May 11, 2016 at 08:54 | Registered CommenterWinston

An extremely critical piece on the ways the Samuels piece is less than upfront about the author’s intentions.

May 11, 2016 at 08:55 | Registered CommenterWinston

Shorter Winston: "Stop looking at my president's duplicity!"

May 11, 2016 at 09:12 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

We all remember Paulie [sic] , he off [sic] "deficits don't matter" economics.."

Dear Moron of the Year, please learn to read. Seriously. When I wrote “who said Ronald Reagan proved deficits don’t matter,”
By the way, know who ACTUALLY said "Ronald Reagan proved deficits don't matter."? You can look it up!

the answer is not “Ronald Reagan said Ronald Reagan proved deficits don’t matter.”
The answer is, “Dick Cheney.”

Reagan’s tax cuts exploded the deficit so he had to raise taxes again to get revenue. There are no free tax cuts. There is no fairy.
Christ you really are the World’s Foremost Self-Impressed Moron.

May 11, 2016 at 09:22 | Registered CommenterWinston

Slightly off topic, but delicious. Mayor Bill Commie deBlasio tells New Yorkers to boycott Chick-fil-A. Immediately following, he sees block long crowds of customers trying to get in to eat at Chick-fil-A, and then he reads that the company plans to open 12 new locations in New York City next year.

Poor Billy the Failed Bully. Maybe if he gets indicted it will take his mind off his complete failure as a Social Justice Warrior.

May 11, 2016 at 09:22 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Redbeard, did you read the actual article or just what your reliable apparatchiks have told you about it?

It seemed to me to be about the journalists vs. Administration spinners game. If you can come up with some example of duplicity or falsehood from Rhodes I'll acknowledge it. I didn't see any.

May 11, 2016 at 09:24 | Registered CommenterWinston

One of America's most prominent racist assholes appears on The Worst Thing in the World's slate of California delegates.

In fairness, though, former New York Senator and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is screechy.

Character test, people.

May 11, 2016 at 10:17 | Registered CommenterWinston

Kevin Corke: "Can you say for certain that the Obama administration never lied to the public about the Iran deal?"

Obama Spokesweasel Josh Earnest: "No, Kevin."

Then, to try to save himself from that revealing Freudian slip, Earnest began boring the whole press corps by pontificating on the greatness of the Iran Cave-in Deal, and saying (in true weasel-speak) that there's no evidence that the Obama Cabal lied.

Bart Simpson comes to mind: "I didn't do it. No one saw me do it. You can't prove anything."

May 11, 2016 at 10:36 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Earnest began boring the whole press corps

Geez, you're boring ME. "White House spokesperson stumbles answering double-negative question, accidentally reveals vast web of deception to astonished world." Grow up, Redbeard.

Did you find ANYTHING in the Samuels article (it's kinda long) alleging "duplicity"?

Are you OK with your nominee (and he IS presumptively your nominee) picking white supremacists as delegates?

May 11, 2016 at 11:15 | Registered CommenterWinston

You keep on pushing that narrative, Winnie. We all know how much you enjoy calling people racists. We wouldn't want to deprive you of that great pleasure.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, the issue is far from clear. But Mother Jones and other ultra-left screamers will have none of the idea that the facts may be different than their preferred talking points. You go right ahead and continue drinking the left's Kool-Aid, Winnie, if it comforts your fevered little race-baiting brain.

Trump's California campaign manager, Tim Clark: “Upon careful review of computer records, the inclusion of a potential delegate that had previously been rejected and removed from the campaign’s list in February 2016 was discovered. This was immediately corrected and a final list, which does not include this individual, was submitted for certification.”

Is this factually correct? The sane world would like to verify what happened before the pitchforks and torches get passed out.

May 11, 2016 at 11:36 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Business Insider:

A spokesperson for the California Secretary of State's office said"the Trump campaign did not reach out to our office about removing William Johnson's name as a delegate until today (Tuesday May 10), which is past the statutory deadline."

May 11, 2016 at 11:51 | Registered CommenterWinston

Find any examples in the Samuels piece of the Administration's duplicity ?

May 11, 2016 at 11:55 | Registered CommenterWinston

West Virginia:

Hillary - 36%
Sanders - 51%

Oooops. The presumptive heir to the throne gets slapped down yet again. I hope someone removed all ashtrays and lamps from Hillary's reach. She must be livid.

May 11, 2016 at 12:12 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

And to add insult to injury, here are more stats to send Hillary shrieking off into a safe space somewhere.

In 2008's WV primary, she got 240,890 votes. In yesterday's contest, her vote total was a dragging-the-bottom 84,176 votes. This does not bode well for her in November.

I wonder [snort - not really] if Hillary's 57% "Untrustworthy" polling has anything to do with this.

May 11, 2016 at 12:30 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

1. Shorter Redbeard: "For the next six months, the name "Trump" will not pass my lips."

2. You implied I'm trying to suppress any talk about "my president's duplicity." In his looong profile of Ben Rhodes, what if any evidence of duplicity did Samuels present?

3. I'm a Sanders fan. I believe in Bernie. I gave him money and did a little work for him. I'm delighted he's continuing to kick ass and I think there's evidence he's forcing Hillary leftward. I approve. I am very confident after she secures the nomination Hillary will be quite successful in claiming his voters, too. (This happened in 2008 too as you may recall. People made a big deal out of a so-called PUMA movement but it never came to anything.)

This is a difference between you and me and between right and left. I don't believe most politics can be reduced to the personal. It's mostly about policy.

Democrats are having a respectful, policy-grounded debate about their party's future. We welcome such debates. We aren't threatened by them in the least. In fact we're happy to contrast them with the embarrassing, clownish, insult-laden dumpster fire and pudding fight recently staged by the Grand Old Meth Lab and Child-Molester Party, which was won by That Guy You Can't Mention who is, literally, The Worst Thing In the World.

May 11, 2016 at 13:23 | Registered CommenterWinston

There's DF again; getting all econy...Yes I knew Cheney said that DF; you'll always be two steps behind.

May 11, 2016 at 14:12 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

It's the coroneted candidate and presumptive POTUS supposed to be not just winning but winning in a landslide by now? It never dawns on Hilda's eunuchs (DF) or the rest of the demwits that Americans hate this broad...$10 bucks says that's one hairy arm pit Hilda is raising in the pic above...

May 11, 2016 at 14:15 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

So when Cheney and Krugman and Reagan say "deficits don't matter," each of them means different things by that, eh?

If I'm two steps behind, why are you STILL arguing tax cuts are free?

May 11, 2016 at 14:16 | Registered CommenterWinston

Basic law of physics DF, two objects can't occupy the same space at the same time. Hilda can't be the "Most Admired" and have over 50% of American associate the word "LIAR" with her... I guess in DF's world 13% is a landslide which is about the percentage I associate with her Nazi 'To Death' storm troopers.

May 11, 2016 at 14:25 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

Once again, Winston, I will try to use small words so you will comprehend. The Republican nominee could be Trump, Cruz, Kasich, Romney, Dole, Harold Stassen, the Man in the Moon, or a Golden Retriever, and I would still not be fixating on that side of the ballot. My only concern is defeating the execrable Hillary Clinton.

There is no politician of either major party that is as dirty, as dishonest, as disgustingly unlikable, and as wrong on everything, as Hillary. It's said that a Hillary presidency would be the 3rd term of Obama. I disagree. It would be far worse.

May 11, 2016 at 14:26 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Wow what a shit pie in the face of a 24 hours it's been for Hilda... She loses ANOTHER primary... Crazy Joe says "he would have made the best President" and her consigliere Mills while testifying under oath leaves the room when asked questions on Hilda's emails.. You're as "Admired" as she is it happens....

May 11, 2016 at 14:31 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

I guess youse guys gonna be goin negative then LOL good luck polishing that turd.....

May 11, 2016 at 14:46 | Registered CommenterWinston

"Hilda can't be the "Most Admired" and have over 50% of American associate the word "LIAR" with her-"

No, that's true. Wingnuts "news sources" widely misreported the actual results of this poll. (Shocking, I know.) I suggest you recheck your source for what it told you vs. what the poll ACTUALLY said.. Your Nooshan sources may not be trustworthy and you may want to avoid them in future so you don't constantly have egg on your face and your pants down around your ankles. Remember "Romney in a landslide, you idiots!"?

Never mind, believe whatever you like, you will anyway. .

May 11, 2016 at 15:03 | Registered CommenterWinston

Redbeard's gonna have to work awfully hard. The Worst Thing in the World really can't run the Electoral College without carrying Florida, and between bruised Rubio and Jeb supporters and the women and the Hispanics and the African-Americans, Worst Thing is working overtime to alienate everyone he possibly can. Redbeard has his work cut out for him.

Keeping people from casting votes might be the only chance he has.

May 11, 2016 at 15:18 | Registered CommenterWinston

Skinny...if you have been trying to access twitter, please email me...I am getting messages about 'suspicious activity', i.e. someone trying to login with a mobile device--so if its you let me know and I can call you and give you login info. Thanks!

May 11, 2016 at 16:24 | Registered CommenterZoy Clem

totally not me Zoy

May 11, 2016 at 17:42 | Unregistered Commenterskinnydipinacid

Quinnipiac University polls are such tools of the right-wing....

May 11, 2016 at 19:24 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

Wow Sanders went off on Hilda today... Even though it's six months out Trump has essentially tied in most polls the "Most Admired Woman in the World." Sander calls Hilda a disaster.... Oh' the joy of Hilda imploding again ala 2008....

May 11, 2016 at 19:28 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

Quinnipiac University polls are such tools of the right-wing....

over 50% of American associate the word "LIAR" with her

Read the poll, Wrongest Man™. Quinnipiac’s poll says nothing of the sort.

They asked fifteen hundred voters for one-word characterizations of candidates and collected any characterizations mentioned by more than five people. As you’d expect in a polarized electorate, words relating to trust came up with Hillary—in fact eleven per cent of the group said “liar.”

But it is not even remotely the case that fifty percent of the electorate associate Hillary with “liar. ”(Hence it can also be true she’s Most Admired Woman for the twentieth time.)

I do bow down in awe and admiration at the consistency and sheer depth of Your Constant Wrongness. You are disciplined and dedicated. You’re an example to all the Nooshans, someone they can emulate.

Before I encountered you, I would not have believed it possible someone could actually misspell a two-letter word.

May 11, 2016 at 20:20 | Registered CommenterWinston

LOL. Oh' the stomping feet. DF hates it that "The Most Admired " woman in the world has the word LIAR associated to her by a majority of people. Bwa, bwa,bwa,bwa Ha,Ha,ha oh' the joy....

May 11, 2016 at 21:12 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

" has the word LIAR associated to her by a majority of people"

Riiiiiiiiiiiight........if you say so, WWM.....

May 11, 2016 at 21:34 | Registered CommenterWinston

Another Air Force officer has said that help could have been sent to Benghazi, at least in time to stop the second wave of attacks and save lives. But hey, "what difference, at this point, does it make?" Go ahead, lefties; vote for the nasty, incompetent, lying Old Bag anyway.

May 12, 2016 at 07:53 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard