« And More Democratic Demagoguery | Main | Bob Menendez - The Walls Are Closing In »
Feb012013

Pre-Superbowl Sunday Open

No it's not Sunday, but pro football makes no sense to me anyway, so I suppose it's all right to put up an open thread a couple of days early. Now if I was a player, I could see doing this...

Have a nice weekend and post what you like.

Roy "Wrong Way" Riegels would be proud.

February 2, 2013 at 08:07 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

He has a future in the Obama administration.

February 2, 2013 at 09:44 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

Go Bears, uh I mean Packers, Uh, anyhow.... not a lot of interest in this one for me but I'll be watching. It is football after all.

I expect the Ravens will win this one. Their only task is to contain "what's his name" and if they do that, it's really a no brainer. Sorta like me. :-)

February 2, 2013 at 12:04 | Registered CommenterTijuana

Is there some sort of sporting event going on today? Not sure... too early for spring training...

February 3, 2013 at 09:54 | Registered CommenterRedBeard

I have discovered new evidence that even the stupidest and most partisan of all "journalists" might be capable of learning, but only through first hand experience. And then in baby steps.

Advocate of lying and writer Matt Yglesias wrote an article for Slate about first hand experience with regulations.

February 3, 2013 at 15:26 | Registered CommenterDuff, man

Yeah Duff, the only way to change the thinking of the idiocy on the left is for them to suffer the consequences of the policies and regulations they support and advocate as good for everybody else. Problem is, those in power get to exempt themselves from the suffering they hoist upon the rest of us. Better health care, private schools, less taxes, insider trading, any and all political influence that will personally benefit them.......

February 3, 2013 at 18:21 | Registered CommenterTijuana

Red - Don't pitchers and ccatchers report next week?

February 4, 2013 at 09:02 | Registered Commenterkwawk

As for that GoDaddy ad. The Geek either did it for free or paid GoDaddy. As for Bar; that was one of Leo's throw aways. I know, I know; major hot babe.

February 4, 2013 at 18:16 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

February is Black History month. The one month a year white Liberals pretend to care about African-American issues.

February 5, 2013 at 06:33 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

Hi guys! Sorry I've been gone lately, but...this is a big f'ing deal....

As you may know, Vince Vaughn and Peter Billingsley's production company, Wild West Picture Show, has partnered with Glenn Beck's The Blaze and Go Go Luckey Entertainment to produce a documentary filmmaking competition entitled "Pursuit of the Truth." I submitted an application in December, and learned a couple of days ago that I've made it through the first couple of cuts, and have been invited to Los Angeles next month to interview with Vince, Peter and some of the other producers and pitch my proposed documentary about a young man here in Chicago who chose to save his life rather than fall into the cesspool of gang violence liberal social policies have created in the last half century.

The producers of the show asked for samples of my previous work, which I was instructed to upload to YouTube and publish as "unlisted." I've been given permission to now share those clips, and I'd be happy to do so if anyone here really gives a shit, so let me know and I'll post the links.

Now that the initial pressure of the application process has calmed down considerably, I hope to be able to participate more here on BLRag, a blog I've always found time to read and enjoy, if not always been able to participate in.

Audio of Beck talking to Peter Billingsley about the show can be found here.

February 5, 2013 at 07:55 | Registered CommenterMy Sharia Moor

MSM, Congrats, good luck and I would love to have access to the links.

February 5, 2013 at 10:57 | Registered CommenterTijuana

Congratulations and best of luck.

I am interested in seeing your material. Thanks for offering to share.

February 5, 2013 at 12:36 | Registered CommenterDuff, man

Enjoyed watching your work, both subject matter and camera work. A couple of times over the years I have seen some drum corps practice, very intense. Requires a selfless committment to the whole.

Good luck in the competition.

February 5, 2013 at 15:48 | Registered CommenterDuff, man

Thought it was pretty cool. Spent 4 years in HS in marching band and it was always cools seeing the big dogs do it.

Though you seem to change names in real life as often as you do on here. :)

February 5, 2013 at 21:31 | Registered Commenterkwawk

MSM very nice! Good luck.

February 6, 2013 at 06:38 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

Though you seem to change names in real life as often as you do on here. :)

True, except that in the case of my filmmaking, I use a nom de guerre in honor of my grandfather, who was a cinematographer in Hollywood in the late 30's, and went on to become a combat photographer/cinematographer during WWII.

February 6, 2013 at 06:43 | Registered CommenterMy Sharia Moor

Very, very nice stuff.

Some of the best times I had during high school were as a drummer in the marching band. We stole cadences and routines shamelessly from colleges and big drum and bugle outfits. During a halftime 5000 member mass band concert at Northwestern, we got a standing O from Northwestern fans as we took the field using one of their band's prized cadences.that we had swiped.

My Sharia, keep on feeding us the videos, willya?

February 6, 2013 at 07:36 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Will Obama need his U.S. based enemies drone strike list feed to him by prompter? Kind of like men naming their dick, Obama named his U.S. based drone the "Habeas Corpus Shredder."

February 6, 2013 at 11:48 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

Thanx for the video clips sharia. Looks great to me. Hope you get a contract.

I wish we got to see more marching bands during halftime of football games on tv. I would definitely rather watch a great marching band during the Super Bowl halftime than say, beyonce.

Again, good stuff.

February 6, 2013 at 17:19 | Registered CommenterTijuana

I'm not reading the standard conservative fare much these day's. Since the election it all sounds/feels like just so much blah, blah, blah, but......

A student raises her hand in class and asks a simple question of her liberal professor of Labor History and the historical record (as it has been presented up until recently) is changed. A remarkable article. Hope y'all take to the time to read it.

"What Happened at Haymarket?"

February 6, 2013 at 17:55 | Registered CommenterTijuana

Dr. Benjamin Carson, speaks truth to power. Most interesting to watch obama's expressions or lack thereof while listening to this brilliant man speak.

February 7, 2013 at 16:10 | Registered CommenterTijuana

My Sharia Moor,

I'll go look at your video this weekend, and then give you some feedback as well, since you're asking for it...I wondered what happened to you. It's been awhile.

February 7, 2013 at 18:59 | Registered CommenterZoy Clem