« Let's Welcome the Monarchy Open | Main | Normal Weekend Open »
Monday
Jan142013

Obama Says He'll Use Executive Power On Gun Control

WEEKLY STANDARD

President Obama has given us a clear picture today of what's coming up, relative to new gun laws. He had this to say today.

"My understanding is the vice president's going to provide a range of steps that we can take to reduce gun violence," said Obama. "Some of them will require legislation, some of them I can accomplish through executive action....But I'm confident that there are some steps that we can take that don't require legislation and that are within my authority as president..."

This new position is quite the opposite of the positions both candidates Obama and Biden had not so long ago.

And of course, no one on the left wants to note that cities with the strictest gun laws have the most gun crime. Nor do they want to mention that Americans, by a huge majority, don't want more gun laws. It's just that liberals are set in their leftist ways and search for ways around parts of the Constitution that just doesn't fit their statist agenda.

I would Americans would just start ignoring Obama's proclamations (executive orders.)

January 14, 2013 at 15:45 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

Let's try that again, wow.

‘I hope Americans start ignoring Obama's proclamations (executive orders.)’

January 14, 2013 at 15:49 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

This is nothing. Wait until The Lightbringer is into his 3rd or 4th term.

January 14, 2013 at 16:22 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

I'm hearing one of Biden's brilliant ideas is to increase the cost of bullets i.e. skating around 2nd amendment challenges. First off Slo' Joe, this idea is from an old Chris Rock routine. Secondly, if you think there is a black market for cigarette's, liquor and drugs now; try increasing the price of bullets to oh' five bucks a shot. I know what business I'm getting into.

Signed;

Nucky Miller

January 14, 2013 at 17:24 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

"At the end of his press conference this afternoon, the President tried to explain that he really is a “pretty friendly guy” who likes “a good party.” In his view, it’s not him, it’s the congressional Republicans who aren’t very friendly. But they are welcome to come over “to play cards,” as President Obama is “getting kinda lonely in this big house.”

Snivel, snivel. Tear, tear snivel. Nobody likes me! I guess its becasue your such a cold hearted prick that no one like being around might have something to do with hit.

January 14, 2013 at 17:58 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

I got picked up my gun permits the other day, now I just gotta git my guns. Better git rite on that I reckon. :-)

January 14, 2013 at 18:01 | Registered CommenterTijuana

Tj. - If you're going to buy the please do everyone a favor and learn to use them safely.

January 14, 2013 at 18:26 | Registered Commenterkwawk

You mean like Diane Feinstein, as she pointed a weapon at the audience with her finger on the trigger?

Gun-grabbers are the most ignorant people on earth when it comes to firearms knowledge.

January 14, 2013 at 18:41 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Hi dew yew dew thayut, skwawk? :-)

I figgered I'd leave it fully loaded in the end table drawer next to the sofa, so's the grandkids could find sumthin to play with while they're over.

January 14, 2013 at 18:54 | Registered CommenterTijuana

Speakin uh "figgered". Anybody out there seen "Django Unchained?" Sheeeeez....

January 14, 2013 at 19:00 | Registered CommenterTijuana

Time to take a serious look at buying stock in tar, feathers, and rails.

January 15, 2013 at 09:39 | Registered CommenterMachiavelli

Newsflash: Lance Armstrong is a cheater for using steroids, and he's a liar for denying his cheating for years. Now, can we spared the wall-to-wall news coverage?

January 15, 2013 at 14:00 | Registered CommenterMachiavelli

Lance Armstrong? Cheated!? You are kidding, right? Where did you get this from mach? Sheeeeez.....

January 15, 2013 at 14:47 | Registered CommenterTijuana

Lance Armstrong is a lying doper.

In other breaking news, the sun rose in the east this morning.

January 15, 2013 at 16:10 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Maybe Greg LeMond will now get the recognition he's long deserved...

January 15, 2013 at 16:26 | Registered CommenterZoy Clem

New York Governor Cuomo signed the toughest gun law in the nation today. Whew! Now New Yorkers can travel to all five boroughs in peace. What will NYC cops do this weekend with no murders, robberies or violence committed with the use of a gun??

January 15, 2013 at 18:33 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

The left has blown a gasket on that NRA ad, oh' lordy. I guess armed secret service protection for Obama's children at Sidwell & Friends is ok but for Sandy Hook kids, not so much.

January 16, 2013 at 13:00 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

All hail Il Duce the Lightbringer. Bow, peasants.

January 17, 2013 at 06:39 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

I guess its [sic] becasue [sic] your [sic] such a cold hearted prick that no one like [sic] being around might [sic] have something to do with hit [sic].

A culmination, of sorts, of Nucky’s relentless drive for (his own grotesque brand of) excellence—how much Wrong can one person jam into a single sentence? Barely a word lacks its own particular spelling- or grammar-related heinousness—misspellings, contractions without apostrophes , subject/object mismatches, dropped conjunctions . . .
A real f***ing triumph. Home schooling?

January 17, 2013 at 09:44 | Unregistered CommenterMs. Language Person

Hello, Winston.

January 17, 2013 at 10:16 | Registered CommenterRedBeard

They always attack the messenger.....

January 17, 2013 at 11:38 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

Obama did his best imitation of Sadaam Hussein yesterday with the children as human shields shtick....

January 17, 2013 at 11:40 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

I especially enjoyed Obama's EO to nominate a new ATF director. Hey dumbass, wasn't that your job?

Maybe he needs an EO to uphold his oath of office?

January 17, 2013 at 14:05 | Registered CommenterMachiavelli

Mach,
Adding the ATF appointment to Obama's to-do list struck me as similar to a high school student attempting to pad a term paper to meet the minimum word count required.

January 17, 2013 at 21:45 | Registered CommenterDuff, man

Sorry for repeat, kept freezing.

January 17, 2013 at 21:47 | Registered CommenterDuff, man

Sorry for repeat, kept freezing.

January 17, 2013 at 21:48 | Registered CommenterDuff, man

In the unholy rush to win the race to enact new gun restrictions, New York's governor and legislature enacted new restrictions.

But they forgot to exempt the police from the new law and now police will be limited to 7 bullets.

Way to go, New York.

January 17, 2013 at 22:01 | Registered CommenterDuff, man

Duff;

I saw that and laughed. Liberals can f-up a two piece puzzle.

January 18, 2013 at 06:43 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

Good grief. This is what we get when imbeciles decide to control the population. From Diane Feinstein, who barely knows which end of the weapon the bullets come out of, to this moron Cuomo. Reminds me of Jethro Bodine deciding to be a brain surgeon.

January 18, 2013 at 06:43 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Red;

LOL. You brought back a lot of memories with the "Jethro i.e. brain surgeon" phase.

January 18, 2013 at 08:04 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

Jethro done did, after all, grad-ge-ate outta the sixth graid, an' it only tuk him 3 yars. Elect him governor of New York, and the place would be better off.

January 18, 2013 at 10:15 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Saw a link to this picture at Digby's blog. Anybody who walks around with a loaded M-16 slung over their back pointing it at everybody around him, has no business owning such a weapon in the first place.

Apparently this guy had been in the military, but whatever branch he was in, his drill instructor or drill sargeant, whatever the case may be, would be cringing at his stupidity.

And you guys wonder why most people don't want amateur armed patriots in our schools?

January 18, 2013 at 16:51 | Registered Commenterkwawk

When I get my gun, now that I'm retired, I think I'll go to work part time guarding the kids down at the local school. Just tryin to help out here. :-)

On second thought, the school bus stops right in front of my house each morning and afternoon, maybe I can just wander over there with my gun tucked in my belt just to make sure everybody's alright and no harm comes... :-) :-) :-)

January 18, 2013 at 21:00 | Registered CommenterTijuana

What, you want to be featured on kwAwk's favorite little leftie website? Go for it.

But stay away from those school administrators who suspended a little kindergarten girl because she said she was gonna shoot a class mate. With a plastic bubble gun. That she didn't have, because it was back at her house. In the toy basket. With bubble soap leaking out of it. Those administrators sure took care of that little terrorist, didn't they? I know I feel safer. Mucho thanks to the Bill Ayers Educational Takeover Initiative.

January 19, 2013 at 07:32 | Registered CommenterRedBeard

Right now I'm torn between getting my gun ($300- $400) or getting a nicer end table for my sofa ($100 - $400). Whadaya think skwawk?

January 19, 2013 at 10:13 | Registered CommenterTijuana

I think you'd get more use and more pleasure out of the end table.

January 21, 2013 at 19:54 | Registered Commenterkwawk

End tables with detachable legs longer than 12 inches are to be banned. No one NEEDS detachable table legs longer than 12 inches. Because I say so.

January 22, 2013 at 06:15 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Thanx skwawk, I appreciate the input. You too RB. Tell ma RB, where do I go to get a permit for an end table with detachable legs? :-)

January 22, 2013 at 10:38 | Registered CommenterTijuana

Thanks to the End Table Show Loophole, you can buy one at any End Table Show, as long as you fill out the proper federal paperwork and submit to background check to see if you have ever been convicted of any crimes in which an end table was used.

January 22, 2013 at 15:54 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

I haven't. Cross my heart and hope to die.

January 24, 2013 at 18:41 | Registered CommenterTijuana