« Released Gitmo Prisoner May Have Headed Libya Attack | Main | I Told Myself I'd Never Do This... »
Wednesday
Sep192012

Seriously? There's a Golf Lobby?

Too funny:

Golfers apparently have it so hard these days that a pro-golf lobby group called “WeAreGolf” is urging Senator Marco Rubio to refrain from discussing President Obama’s “passion for golf” in the future.

“As we enter the final stretch of campaign season,” the group writes, “we write to make a request we hope you will receive in the same spirit in which it is offered. Please reconsider your political strategy of criticizing President Obama’s passion for golf.” (Emphasis theirs.)

The concerns apparently stem from Rubio’s speech during the GOP convention in Tampa last month.

This is just begging for more Obama golf jokes.

Please add your own favorite.   Alternate title to this thread can be the "Obama Golf Joke" open thread.

I put out my favorite:

"Obama spends so much time on the links that he needs to win a second term just to finish the first one."

But of course it will never top the joke that writes itself.

Or if I prefer to go with the "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon RACIST"™ route:

Obama
Golf
Shanks
Prison
Blacks
RACIST!!

September 19, 2012 at 13:09 | Registered Commenterskinnydipinacid

That Lawrence O'Donnell clip you linked always cracks me up.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper, a character on The Big Bang Theory, describes Lawrence O'Donnell in just a few seconds:

YouTube clip.

September 19, 2012 at 14:06 | Registered CommenterDuff, man

Crazy Larry is right. The man is a loon. And the way he gets wound up, he's gonna blow out an artery one of these days.

Skinny, you beat me to it. I just knew there had to be a racism angle to criticizing the Hacker-in-Chief.

By the way, does anyone know if Barry cheats on his scorecard, like Slick Willie does?

September 19, 2012 at 14:27 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Red, when it comes to liberals... there's ALWAYS a racism angle.

September 19, 2012 at 15:10 | Registered Commenterskinnydipinacid

I'm still tickled by the over-sensitivity of the golf lobby. Apparently the game of cow pasture pool is sacred, in some way, and is not to be even tangentially mocked. To me, golf is like Mark Twain thought of it; a good walk spoiled. ;-)

I do have one golf award, though. At a fraternal tournament some years ago, I won the coveted Most Balls Lost Trophy.

September 19, 2012 at 18:31 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Wow, the latest Pew poll has Obama up by 8 points. And that doesn't even take into consideration the secret Romney tapes where he was caught saying that the 47% of Americans who pay no income tax are dependent on government, believe they are victims and will never take responsibilities for themselves.

September 19, 2012 at 20:30 | Registered CommenterChoy Lee Mu

Wow, Pew polling you say? Only 8 points? That's really something. That's perhaps the smallest lead Obama's had in a Pew poll in quite some time.

Oh... you didn't know Pew polls have been ridiculous for a while now? I'm actually surprised Real Clear Politics still factors them into their averages, given how unrealistically favorable they've been towards Obama the past few months, once putting him up by as much as 12 points. Even Democrat pollsters have called their polling as of late "just ridiculous", going so far as to admit a systematic bias in their polling methodology.

Let me take you by the hand and help you Choy (not that it will matter to you, since you're the kind of guy who obviously only looks for headlines then latches onto things like "Obama up 8 points" and throws it around like it's something worth celebrating without even knowing what you're talking about).

There's some very basic, elementary math-based stats here that I have complete confidence in you understanding regarding your Pew polling data:

Total 3,019
Registered voters 2,424
Likely voters 2,268

Among registered voters (which they say was 2424)
Republican voters 717
Democratic voters 869
Independent voters 757
(doesn't even add up: I get 2343)

Anyway... that's a ton of "independents", but even if accurate (which I can already tell you it isn't, since it's Pew) that's already a 7% advantage Democrat, assuming the Independent count can even be trusted. It wasn't all that long ago they pushed forth a 12 pt lead for Obama despite showing a ridiculous Democratic advantage... polling only 459 Republicans as opposed to the 813 who identified themselves as Democrats.

You can now go back to being oblivious to reality, Mr Choy.

September 19, 2012 at 21:31 | Registered Commenterskinnydipinacid

Pew had Walker losing in WI this year. Nuff' said.

September 20, 2012 at 06:33 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

Skewed polling techniques have been staples in the leftie locker for some time now. It's fun to see the internals.

But as they say, the only poll that matters is the one on the ballot. We'll know in early November whether the leftie dopes outnumber the sentient beings.

It's extremely depressing knowing that this race will be close. I understand the hard-core socialists and one-world jerks, but the others who blindly swallow the leftie lies and vote ignorantly are the truly frightening ones. If everyone paid attention and did some independent thinking, Obama wouldn't get more than 25% of the popular vote. An ill-informed electorate spells doom for the United States. And the lefties have been working very hard toward that goal of ignorance for decades, with their headlock on education, media, and social manipulation.

September 20, 2012 at 06:50 | Registered CommenterRedBeard

I hope everyone gets to see the latest trashing of the U.S. flag by the Obama cabal. The bastards are selling a new flag poster with Barry Soetoro's "royal crest" in place of the star field.

Keep it up, you leftist cretins. Prove yourselves.

September 20, 2012 at 06:59 | Registered CommenterRedBeard

Nothing gives a more accurate portrayal of where the country stands better than a sampling of 0.0001% of the population from a polling outfit that's proven themselves questionable in their methodology... at least that's what they'd like us to believe.

I often wonder how their ridiculous polls might actually hurt their cause though. How many Democrats see Obama winning by 8-12% and think he's got the election wrapped up tighter than a Trojan on my jimmy, then decide not to waste their time voting on such a 'sure thing'? All while their opposition sees it as incentive to get out, vote, help get their friends to vote... seems like a double-edged (how skilled are liberals when it comes to handling weaponry).

September 20, 2012 at 09:43 | Registered Commenterskinnydipinacid

Without knowing this guy is the President and just by the picture and those shorts, something tells me he's a slow inconsiderate player who by around the 16th hole gets a drive right into the back side of his ass to hurry him up. Oh' did I forget to yell "fore?"

September 20, 2012 at 11:55 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller