« Congressman King Accuses Obama Of Security Leaks | Main | Rand Paul Endorses Mitt Romney »
Jun082012

Weekend Open Thread

Another eventful week in politics. Not really all that good for the left, though.

Holder is on the hot seat for 'Fast and Furious' and could very well face indictment. Democrats and public service unions suffered a devastating defeat in Wisconsin that has national implications. And food stamp spending is up 100% since Obama took office. Not to mention, former President Clinton seems to contradict Obama's policies every time he publicly opens his mouth.

Of course, there's much more...but we'll leave it that for now, unless you have more to add, of course.

Thread's open, post what you like and have a great weekend.

Here is a great deal on some surplus property in New York:

It would be cool to own your own prison, wouldn't it?

June 8, 2012 at 17:18 | Registered CommenterDuff, man

What a great ending thread to an absolutely mahvelus week. Thanx for the summary, GR. :-)

June 8, 2012 at 17:26 | Registered CommenterTijuana

That facility will probably sit on that property and decay for the next thousand years Duff.

NC has buildings rotting on property all over the state. They never bother to so much as bulldoze them. The local fire dept wanted to set one on fire close to the facility I use to manage to run through some of their extinguishing exercises. I thought that was a great idea. Didn't happen. Still standing unoccupied and rotting. Makes for a beautiful landscape.

June 8, 2012 at 17:39 | Registered CommenterTijuana

Somalia’s Shebab rebels offer 10 camels for Obama

Somalia’s Al Qaeda-linked Shebab rebels have mocked a US offer of up to $33 million for tip-offs enabling the arrest of their top leaders. The US had offered a $7 million bounty for information on where Shebab chief Ahmed Abdi aw-Mohamed is hiding. Another Shebab leader, Fuad Mohamed Khalaf, said on Saturday that the offer “will never dissuade us from continuing the holy war.” He said that whoever informs the rebels of the place where US President Barack Obama “can be found will get 10 camels,” AFP reports. The group offered “10 roosters and 10 hens” for US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. The State Department said earlier that the group is responsible for the killing of thousands of Somali civilians, international aid workers, journalists and peacekeepers.

Per RT.com

10 camels, 10 roosters and 10 hens? That's a pretty sweet deal.

June 9, 2012 at 09:56 | Unregistered Commenterskinnydipinacid

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, it's not a Day of Rest at all. Setting fence posts and running new wire, plus working on a shed foundation, and then more heavy rain coming in late afternoon. The day is a wreck.

But hey, no problem in Washington, D.C. - nice weather for The One to get out on the links. He needs some down time, after his hectic schedule as Chief Campaign Fundraiser. I wonder what the real president (Valerie Jarrett) is doing today? I don't think she plays golf.

June 10, 2012 at 07:53 | Registered CommenterRedBeard

Fun read:

I tried, but reading a blank page isn't easy. ;-)

June 10, 2012 at 09:29 | Registered CommenterRedBeard

"Somalia’s Shebab rebels offer 10 camels for Obama"

Where's Winston? This offer is soooo racist.

June 10, 2012 at 10:24 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

fixed it, lol... i'm a little rusty on my html

June 10, 2012 at 10:32 | Registered Commenterskinnydipinacid

Breitbart's Dana Loesch and husband Chris Loesch (CNN) get a rigorous patdown (and repeat crotch grabs) by yet another public sector that needs cut

Dance, Axelrod... DANCE!

and last but not least... Eric withHolder's public enemy #1
Send in the drones Obama... send in the drones!

June 11, 2012 at 00:15 | Registered Commenterskinnydipinacid

I enjoy watching Axelrod sweat. He's just a lowlife punk enforcer in a nice suit. I can see him, after Obama loses, going from storefront to storefront in Chicago, saying, "Yeah, nice store you have here. Be a shame if something were to happen to it."

June 11, 2012 at 07:33 | Registered CommenterRedBeard

Okay, I was wrong... THIS was the most outlandish thing I've heard from the weekend

Kindergartners rehearsed “Proud to be an American" for their upcoming graduation ceremony, but the principal banned it because she didn't want to offend other cultures. The same principal tried to end the practice of saying the Pledge of Allegiance and singing “America the Beautiful" each morning in class.

The NY Post reports: Greta Hawkins, principal of PS 90, the Edna Cohen School, won’t allow kindergartners to belt out the beloved Lee Greenwood ballad, also known as “Proud to be an American,” at their moving-up ceremony.

REUTERS reported it like this:

A Coney Island principal refused to let students sing "God Bless the USA" at a school ceremony -- but Justin Bieber's "Baby" was suitable.

Now if I was a totally backwards person (i.e. liberal, Winston, Justin Bieber fan) I'd be asking if it was bad parenting that led those children to sing such hateful songs and issue a full scale investigation tapping into why those kids are so gosh darn racist!

Let's just hope they weren't so crazy and "extreme" as to misspell Amercia (and given their school district only has 68.8% meeting or exceeding the basics there's a pretty good chance they would) because if they did liberals would be calling for their heads.

June 11, 2012 at 08:38 | Registered Commenterskinnydipinacid

Skinny, you do know that the leftist kook principal is black, right? Therefore, everything you have written about her is due to your racist nature. You can't possibly be criticizing her for her moronic and un-American actions, but only because you hate her skin tone. I'm sure Winston will back me up on this. I just hope he doesn't rat you out and get you sent to a re-education camp.

June 11, 2012 at 08:49 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Thank god I didn't call her "bananas" then

June 11, 2012 at 08:58 | Registered Commenterskinnydipinacid

Bwaaahaahaa!

"Bananas" is a code word. When Woody Allen used it as the title of a movie, he must have been having a racist fit.

June 11, 2012 at 10:09 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Even ObamaGirl can't get behind Obama this election...
When the cheerleaders are packing up their bags, the game's pretty much over.

June 11, 2012 at 11:02 | Registered Commenterskinnydipinacid

I don't know about skinny, but I certainly didn't know the principals skin color, or gender for that matter, when I was reading his post. Somehow I still had a visceral reaction to what I was reading. I don't understand, how could that have happened? Maybe windy will come along shortly and give me some psychic or sociopolitical advisement on what was going on with me at the time of my reading experience.

June 11, 2012 at 15:39 | Registered CommenterTijuana

"Zogby: Disillusioned young voters dropping out"

"NET WORTH OF AMERICAN FAMILY FALLS 40% IN 3 YEARS"

Vote obama 2012