« Weekend Open Thread | Main | Phony Catholic Proves She's a Phony Catholic »
Jun082012

Rand Paul Endorses Mitt Romney

If you see a Ron Paul supporter today, check their pulse:

Despite the effort to explain his stance, the Paulbots are already out there calling him a traitor, Judas, etc.   Many continue to scream about how they'll never support Mitt Romney for President, despite the options and vast differences between Mitt and Obama, for instance...   Mitt's didn't join the New Party and lie about it afterwards

Irrational animosity... that'll get the people to embrace your movement.

I can hear the wailing and cursing coming from the Ronulan Mother Ship.

Rand Paul is not his father, thank goodness. I like his family loyalty, but really admire his rational choice here.

June 8, 2012 at 11:28 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

A lot of people on the Right feel Mitt is insufficiently crazy, extreme and dishonest to be the nominee. Whether that'll make a difference, we'll have to see.

June 8, 2012 at 11:38 | Unregistered CommenterWinston

Well, I think Paul attracts the lunatic fringe on both sides of the political aisle--left and right.

June 8, 2012 at 12:56 | Registered CommenterZoy Clem

The conservative backlash against the guy Romney named to be his transition manager (should he win) prompted this:

Conservatives never liked left-wing, government-run solutions to problems like unaffordable health care and climate change. These days they don't seem to like right-wing, market solutions, either. It's an intellectually honest point of view, to which they are certainly entitled. But it does make you wonder. Do they like any solutions at all? Do they even think the problems are worth solving?

No, and no, would be my answer. I suspect the Righties here wouldn’t disagree with me, too.

I just enjoy making them say it right out loud.

June 8, 2012 at 15:01 | Registered CommenterWinston

Well, aren't you clever, Winston, with your talent for making people say things, at least in your own green-sky world. You must be very proud. Rather like a brainless but noisy rooster on a fence.

As for the quoted text, I must admit to a certain degree of admiration for your striking ability to cut and paste a leftie's opinion into your own leftist post. Talk about an effective way of changing hearts and minds via hard facts. Wow. Stunning.

June 8, 2012 at 15:19 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

I thought he said, "have a nice weekend," a while back. Go away windy, I'm trying to have a nice weekend. Sheeeez and shimaneecrickets..

June 8, 2012 at 17:22 | Registered CommenterTijuana

Barack Obama;

"the private sector is doing fine."

Wow this guy is going down the tubes right before our eyes. The campaign commercials write themselves.

June 8, 2012 at 17:39 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

A heaping load of snark 'n' sarcasm, Red, yet not a word of substance. Look: is the high cost cost of health care a problem? Is climate change a problem? If they're problems, are there any solutions you like?

My view is that the Right has become so nihilistic they're now content to just blame liberals, immigrants, poor people, public employees and gays for everything, and call it a day. Prove me wrong.

June 8, 2012 at 19:05 | Registered CommenterWinston

...they're now content to just blame liberals, immigrants, poor people, public employees and gays for everything...

You're slipping, Winston. You forgot the entire racism thing. I'm worried about you, man. Are your meds all up to date?

June 8, 2012 at 20:03 | Registered CommenterRedBeard