« Attention All LinkedIn Users: You May Want to Change Your Password... Pronto | Main | Yes, It's Really Getting This Weird in Wisconsin »
Wednesday
Jun062012

Holder Wants To Cut Deal With Congress

DAILY CALLER

Unless you've been living under a rock the last few months, or only get your news from liberal sources, you're aware that the DOJ has been under fire for it's 'Fast and Furious' program. Of course, F&F was an idiotic, and deadly government program to sell guns to drug dealers in Mexico in order to track their sale. That certainly blew up in the DOJ's face.

Holder and his minions have always denied knowledge of the program and chronically defied Congressional subpoenas and requests for information. Well, it's now time to pay the piper....turns out that Attorney General Eric Holder himself approved F&F.

The letter comes amid reports that House oversight committee chairman Rep. Darrell Issa has obtained evidence proving that senior Justice Department officials approved Operation Fast and Furious gunwalking tactics.

Now that this information has finally come to light, Holder wants to cut a deal.

The Department of Justice told Republican House leadership in a Tuesday letter that it hopes to reach an agreement with congressional overseers on how much information about Operation Fast and Furious it is required to hand over.

So, should there be a deal....or prosecution?

So, should there be a deal....or prosecution?

A deal for what? Congress has a duty to provide oversight to the DoJ, and Holder has a responsibility to cooperate. Holder has failed to cooperate, and the American people, who Holder claims to serve, will know the reason why.

June 6, 2012 at 05:09 | Registered CommenterMachiavelli

Holder sounds like a mafia capo, wanting to negotiate his way out of a federal RICO beef. Wonder what he has to trade.

June 6, 2012 at 06:33 | Registered CommenterRedBeard

I'd cut him a deal alright. 20 years instead of life if he steps down by 5:00 this afternoon. Make that 3:00.

June 6, 2012 at 11:32 | Registered CommenterTijuana

A side note: it is June 6, 1:00 pm here in NC. And it is a balmy 64 degrees outside. The coolest Spring I can recall in some time. I'm sure that just means "you always get better just before you die." Or something like that, right al. Oh, and just for the record al, the carbon footprint of my home environment could fit inside of yours, oh lets say, maybe a thousand times.

Sorry about the sidetrack, but felt compelled to say that while the timing was right.

June 6, 2012 at 13:03 | Registered CommenterTijuana

Sure, cut him a deal... we'll let him off, on one condition. He must be willing to be relocated to a position somewhere in Mexico. That way they can decide whether or not he'll face murder charges for the innocent people he allowed to be killed as collateral damage. I'd rather see him spend the rest of his life in some Mexican prison than get a slap on the wrist, maybe some time in a soft, cushy prison here in the States.

He learns from the best.

June 6, 2012 at 14:02 | Registered Commenterskinnydipinacid

Looks like Issa will have Holder in front of him again, for an eyeball-to-eyeball confrontation. Thankfully, Issa doesn't seem like the type to be pushed around. Quite the reverse.

June 7, 2012 at 11:52 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Good to see the some Pubs helping the rest of the party find their balls.

June 7, 2012 at 14:07 | Unregistered Commenterskinnydipinacid

So documents with the words "Fast n Furious" according to Holder don't mean 'that' Fast n' Furious. Ahhhhh ok.

June 7, 2012 at 16:44 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

Dance faster, Holder.

June 7, 2012 at 20:44 | Registered CommenterRedBeard

Everybody keeps talking about a possible mole in the DoJ, but given Holders actions and the nature of the tasks performed by that department, my question would be...

... Why would they assume there's only one?

June 8, 2012 at 12:13 | Registered Commenterskinnydipinacid

Where's Winston? I expected him to show up and call us a bunch of racists for daring to question Holder's lack of ethics and his crappy judgement.

As for Holder himself, in relation to the Fast and Furious scandal, we should really cut him some slack. He probably didn't have time to think through the awful idea very well, since he was too busy trying to help illegal aliens get into Arizona.

June 9, 2012 at 07:12 | Registered CommenterRedBeard

I don't see anything in the least racist about challenging the Attorney General's ethics, judgment, or anything else about his performance. Somehow I do have to question why that can't be done without the tasteless and unnecessary additional step of photoshopping him into a graphic that not-so-subtly references a famous image of a monkey.

Oh, sorry, I forgot. Liberals keep forcing you to behave like assholes.

June 9, 2012 at 09:22 | Registered CommenterWinston

Or Brett Kimberlin.

June 9, 2012 at 10:26 | Unregistered CommenterWinston

Leave it to our pitifully racially obsessed Winston to draw up the monkey = racist connection, where in fact there is no such thing going on. "Racism, racism, racism! Everywhere RACISM!!!!" Sad and pathetic.

June 9, 2012 at 12:57 | Unregistered Commenter1RedBeard

Eric withHolder is just worried about saving his own skin now...
... shouldn't Obama have thrown him under the bus by now?

June 9, 2012 at 23:26 | Registered Commenterskinnydipinacid

... shouldn't Obama have thrown him under the bus by now?

De facto President Valerie Jarrett has probably ordered Obama not to fire Holder, because he knows too much and has a vindictive nature.

June 10, 2012 at 07:03 | Registered CommenterRedBeard

where in fact there is no such thing going on.

Of course not. Wingnuts are far too racially sensitive to think it might offend anyone to portray a prominent African-American man as a monkey.

Redbeard, your rank jackassery doesn't even outrage anymore.

June 10, 2012 at 07:27 | Unregistered CommenterWinston

Are you talking about this?

June 10, 2012 at 08:41 | Unregistered Commenterskinnydipinacid

Please tell me you're not talking about this, because that's just sad if you are.

June 10, 2012 at 08:43 | Registered Commenterskinnydipinacid

Apparently, our overschooled but grossly undereducated Winston doesn't even know the history nor the two different meanings of The Three Wise Monkeys, none of which is related in the slightest to racism. But we've come to accept poor Winston's derangement, under which racism is everywhere, even though it's not. Ignorance and bombast make for a disgustingly turgid combination.

Skinny, that story was funny. But if we laugh at it, I'm sure we do so only because we are racists. Check with Winston. He'll tell you.

June 10, 2012 at 09:28 | Registered CommenterRedBeard

I know, right? People (and by "people" I mean assumed "leftists") altering a video and so they could use it to make accusations of racism, even when no indication is present, only to demean a right-wing commentator.... who would ever expect something like that to happen in this era of Obama / Democrats losing complete control of Washington?

/ sarcasm

June 10, 2012 at 10:38 | Registered Commenterskinnydipinacid

Skinny, apparently your parents raised you such that you think someone making up something about someone once makes likening the African-American Attorney General to a monkey okay. I don’t know why they did that, but I’m sorry for all of you. I suppose in wingnut world that makes some sort of twisted sense, but not to normal people.

June 10, 2012 at 14:35 | Registered CommenterWinston

Winston, try to actually address the subject at hand, stop diverting and lose the tiring racist drivel. You never once opposed Bush being portrayed as a monkey, nor did you oppose the frequent Nazi comparisons.

The graphic is based in Japanese culture and has been used, simply forever, to illustrate a willful act of feigned innocence.

You're constant cries of racism do little to cover your obvious insensitivity to those who suffer from mental handicaps.

You're about as sensitive as Gengis Kahn, so please....spare us your hypocrisy.

June 10, 2012 at 19:22 | Registered CommenterGrayRider

Skinny, apparently your parents...

Ha ha ha... No I just don't get all wee-wee'd up whenever I hear inadvertent, or for that matter even purposeful racism, even if directed at me. What I do get offended by is people playing it like a chess piece, using "racism" generated by assumptions (as you have done) or make it up entirely (per the link) to gain a political edge or smear a candidate, right-winger, pundit, etc. I certainly think we as a nation have better things to worry about than your pathetic strategy of making this all about race.

See, unlike most (and probably you too), I actually work all day with whites, blacks, mexicans, native americans, etc.. we poke fun at each other every day about personal issues, race and other stupid shit without anybody getting their precious little feelings hurt... probably because it's funny, it makes the day go by quicker and we all realize it's done in lightheartedness and that we all respect, enjoy and depend on one another to get through every day.
Some of them are even Democrats (I pick on them the most).

"Here, if I give you a quarter, will you just go back to Mexico?"
It's okay to laugh... don't kill yourself in shame if you snickered.

Then when we step out into the real world everybody's telling us how wrong, hurtful and "insensitive" those same jokes are, no matter which race it was directed at, up to and including ourselves. We're "twisted" because we don't share in your liberal pity for every race that isn't yours. The left takes one look at minorities and sees poor helpless souls that couldn't piss straight without food stamps and Obamacare (puhleeeze). Such a notion is far more racist in and of itself than anything I could ever utter (and the sentiment is shared amongst my friends and co-workers). If you came to my work and called me a racist, not only would I start laughing at you... so would every white, black, mexican, native american, etc. as they would look at YOU as the backwards-ass nutball.

So pardon me if I don't share in the white guilt because quite frankly I feel no guilt whatsoever, despite even your desperate attempt to make me feel it so by belittling both me and my parents of all things (oh gee, NOW I feel racist... or is that the booze? Or is that the pity I feel for you having just put on giant spotlight on how much of a jackass sound like? Naw.. we've seen and heard those cries from phony race-whiners just like you before... so it must be the booze.)

Winson... wake up. It's 2012, slavery's been over for quite a while now and our president is black. The goal of freeing your "African" brothers and sisters that were being oppressed by the lily-white honkies is over. You can step out of the sixties whenever you feel comfortable.

Oh, and try to relax... maybe lighten up... It's Sunday for crying out loud.

June 10, 2012 at 23:36 | Registered Commenterskinnydipinacid

You know Winston's lost an argument when he resorts to race-baiting.

June 11, 2012 at 07:42 | Registered CommenterMachiavelli

When does he NOT do that, Mach? I'm sure he has failed to race-bait in a comment or two, here and there, but I can't really recall..........

June 11, 2012 at 08:53 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Uh, the Kluxo-American Party’s inability to gin up even a faintly-credible scandal in the Obama Administration's first term frustrates them no end.

June 11, 2012 at 11:29 | Unregistered CommenterWinston

Kluxo-American Party? You just keep digging your hole deeper and deeper, Winston.

June 11, 2012 at 13:28 | Registered CommenterRedBeard

Ha ha... couldn't make this nutty "racist" shit up...
Saying Obama is "cool" is now considered racist too.

Funny... they didn't see it as a problem back in 2008.

June 11, 2012 at 15:07 | Registered Commenterskinnydipinacid

If "too cool" is racist, NY City councilman Charles Barron must be the coolest.

June 11, 2012 at 15:35 | Registered Commenterskinnydipinacid

That ridiculous comment from the CBC mouthpiece was true to form, given the fact that the CBC, by its very self-segregating nature and deliberately exclusionary construction, is a racist organization, and without merit.

June 11, 2012 at 18:35 | Unregistered Commenter1RedBeard

I don't know why all these **cough cough** "media outlets" are focusing on Mitt Romney as saying the word "sport" instead of "sports"... when clearly just mentioning the word sports is racist.

I wonder... if one gets a blood transfusion from a liberal, does it get them high?

June 12, 2012 at 09:43 | Registered Commenterskinnydipinacid

From that leftie writer, obsessed with the "s" on the end of a word, one would get rabies from a transfusion. More proof that liberalism is a mental disorder.

Obama, talking about sport(s), fumbles and bumbles as he says that his favorite team plays ball at Cominsky Field (actually Comiskey Park, or more recently U.S. Cellular, a fact he would have known had he not been lying about being a White Sox fan), and that's OK. But let Romney use a word that is perfectly fine, if a bit archaic in usage, and it's worthy of a page-long article? Holy crap.

Hey, lefties! I hear that Mitt Romney once said "was" instead of "were" as he was explaining the Infield Fly Rule. Scandal! Get those fingers typing!

June 12, 2012 at 10:12 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Ha ha ha... so... he's gone from the greatest orator speaking in the most packed arenas...
... to bumbling in some couple that may not even be voting for him's garage?? How sad.

He was too busy to go to Wisconsin... but no way he's missing out on votes from Paul & Val.
(rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriighttt)

Slowly it continues to slip away from these clowns...
First the Unions... now Holder... next will be voter ID's (thanks Florida)
Then they take back the White House... Try not to steal the silverware this time, Dems!
(and I'm not saying that because Obama is black... I'm saying that because you are thieves)

June 12, 2012 at 23:38 | Registered Commenterskinnydipinacid