« Weekend Open Thread | Main | Weekend Open Thread »
Monday
May142012

Obama Camp Tried To Silence Rev. Wright In 2008

NEW YORK POST

We all remember the fiery rhetoric of President Obama's former pastor Jeremiah Wright during the 2008 Presidential Campaign. We saw the videos, ad nauseam, where he cried, 'Goddam America' and made other controversial statements.

Even though Obama had attended services at Wright's church for over 20 years, he claimed that he never heard those type of comments come from his pastor. Sure.

Now, Wright says that he was offered money to shut up until after the 2008 election.

“It was from one of Barack’s closest friends.”

“He offered you money?”

“Not directly,” Wright said. “He sent the offer to one of the members of the church, who sent it to me.”

“How much money did he offer you?”

“One hundred and fifty thousand dollars,” Wright said.

Wright goes on to say that Obama wanted to set up a secret meeting between the two. When Wright refused, the candidate met him in his house and asked Wright personally not to make any public speeches.

“Yes,” Wright said. “Barack said he wanted to meet me in secret, in a secure place. And I said, ‘You’re used to coming to my home, you’ve been here countless times, so what’s wrong with coming to my home?’ So we met in the living room of the parsonage of Trinity United Church of Christ, at South Pleasant Avenue right off 95th Street, just Barack and me. ...“And one of the first things Barack said was, ‘I really wish you wouldn’t do any more public speaking until after the November election.’ He knew I had some speaking engagements lined up, and he said, ‘I wish you wouldn’t speak. It’s gonna hurt the campaign if you do that.’

Obama has always said that he didn't agree with any of Wright's views, but Wright claims that he said this;

Do you know what your problem is?’ And I said, ‘No, what’s my problem?’ And he said, ‘You have to tell the truth."

Apparently, Obama believes Wright's political positions are "the truth," after all...even though he didn't hear them.

This was the moment for me in the 2008 campaign when I knew with absolute certainty that Obama was a fraud and there wasn't a snowball's chance I'd vote for him.

May 14, 2012 at 07:04 | Registered CommenterMachiavelli

It was also the defining moment for Obama backers. After that, it was crystal clear that they would be willing to lie in order to get him elected.

May 14, 2012 at 07:26 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Do these pants make me look fat?

May 14, 2012 at 08:54 | Unregistered CommenterWinston

He had to lie in order to become America's first gay precedent don'tchaknow. And when his ongoing lies don't get him re-elected an obama crucifix will ordain some lefty magazine. He has done so much at such great personal cost with his only motive being to save us from our many sins. His deism will be complete.

"All hail the power of barack's name let angels prostrate fall. Bring forth the royal diadem and crown him lord of all."

Mm, mm, mm.. and all like that..

May 14, 2012 at 08:56 | Registered CommenterTijuana

You're not far off, T. After all, The One said recently that our troops are fighting for him. He didn't say they were fighting for America or Americans, but for him. The man's narcissism knows no limits. It's not a far walk for him to arrive at the following:

"I swear by God this sacred oath that to the Leader of the German empire and people, Adolf Hitler, supreme commander of the armed forces, I shall render unconditional obedience and that as a brave soldier I shall at all times be prepared to give my life for this oath." --Wehrmacht Oath of Loyalty

May 14, 2012 at 09:11 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Does this pastor make me look racist?

May 14, 2012 at 09:16 | Registered CommenterMachiavelli

Does this pastor make me look racist?

Well done, Sir, well done. :-)

May 14, 2012 at 09:59 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Dems and their pre-President groupies. Once the light is turned on it's never a pretty sight.

May 14, 2012 at 11:45 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

I admit Obama's "Gay for Pay" transformation has re-energized the Gay & Lesbian community. Just as Obama had hoped. His $35,000 a plate fund raiser tonight at the LGBT event again shows he knows how to work the gay rubes for campaign ca$h.

May 14, 2012 at 18:43 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

Nooshans continue vaporizing their own credibility by breatlessly massaging excerpts from a book of fantastic Obama smears from a ridiculous sleazeball from whom we previously learned Obama is a secret Muslim, Hillary’s a lesbian, and Chelsea resulted from Bill raping her.

What grotesque, laughable people. We’d have to ridicule them if they weren’t already so busily discrediting themselves.

May 14, 2012 at 19:04 | Registered CommenterWinston

Hey, who is this Winston douchebag, and what drugs is he taking?

I'd love to see the skittle-shitting unicorn he seems to wanna suck off, given that his Mocha Messiah is looking at the business end of the world's largest unflushed toilet since Jimmy Carter.

But then again, he's probably one of those assclown grad students who majored in liberal cocksucking.

May 14, 2012 at 19:56 | Unregistered CommenterMy Sharia Moor

Gee, I wonder if this shitstain Winston is just jealous because he wasn't of legal age to join il Douche's</I> secret club.

May 14, 2012 at 20:05 | Unregistered CommenterMy Sharia Moor

Winston, would you care to intelligently address the subject at hand?

May 14, 2012 at 20:07 | Registered CommenterGrayRider

Winston, would you care to intelligently address the subject at hand?

Of course he wouldn't...

This is the same sorry little shit who went running for the hills after the 2010 slaughter that shoved his pathetic ideology down the toilet by saying "I know you guys are enjoying yourselves tonight," or some such nonsense.

Of course, he also loses his shit anytime someone points out how fucking pathetic his little shithole in MA is, especially since his heroine, Fauxcahontas is having her lying shit shoved down her fucking throat.

Deal with it, Winnie. You're done.

May 14, 2012 at 20:32 | Unregistered CommenterMy Sharia Moor

That link? Too funny. LMAO.. Mr. Moor :-)

May 14, 2012 at 21:24 | Registered CommenterTijuana

...excerpts from a book of fantastic Obama smears from a ridiculous sleazeball...

Has the good Rev. denied making the bribery allegation to Klein?

May 14, 2012 at 21:56 | Registered CommenterMachiavelli

Winston, Grayrider politely invited you to address the matter substantively. The floor is yours.

Winston? Winston? Bueller? Bueller?

May 15, 2012 at 06:23 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

All that Winston because I pointed out Obama's "Gay for Pay" tendencies?

May 15, 2012 at 07:21 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

love to see the skittle-shitting unicorn he seems to wanna suck off . . . majored in liberal cocksucking . . . the same sorry little shit . . . down the toilet . . . loses his shit . . . how fucking pathetic his little shithole . . . is . . . having her lying shit shoved down her fucking throat.

Someone seems a little, shall we say . . . scatalogically preoccupied?

8. Profanity. It's allowed--we're not above using a foul word ourselves sometimes as editors--but try to go easy on the usage. If the primary content of your message is consistently profane, you will probably be encouraged by one of the Site Editors to go elsewhere. What level of profanity is considered excessive is up to [their] discretion . . .

Wanna try up-market-ing your commentary just a bit, Ms. “Moor”? It puts people off.

May 15, 2012 at 10:53 | Registered CommenterWinston

There’s no “matter” to “address,” just scurrilous rumor-mongering from the Nooshans’ Jerome Corsi du jour, someone who enjoys less than zero credibility—who was most recently engaged in painting the President a secret Muslim, and alleging that Chelsea Clinton resulted from Bill’s rape of Hillary the Lesbian. You might as well insist I “address substantively” such “news stories” as “Cow Pregnant with Alien’s Baby” or those involving Bat Boy.

The fact some of you take this puke seriously says far more about you than about the President.

May 15, 2012 at 11:04 | Registered CommenterWinston

This is rich, with Winston being sensitive and calling for civility.

May 15, 2012 at 11:31 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

The allegation of bribery was made by the President's former spiritual advisor, not the journalist Wright chose to communicate his allegation to. Do you have some evidence Wright has been misquoted, or are you engaging in ad hominem to distract from the issue?

May 15, 2012 at 11:36 | Registered CommenterMachiavelli

Oh, this is too damned perfect...

Not only is Captain Shitstain losing the War on Women, but much to Winnie-Pooh's chagrin, the Rev. Wright story is just refusing to go away quietly.

Plus, Obama ate a dog. And shoved a little girl. And Fauxcahontas is still losing in Winnie=Pooh's home state.

The schadenboner is EPIC, I tell you.

May 15, 2012 at 11:37 | Unregistered CommenterMy Sharia Moor

Their frantic I tell ya'. When the libs start accusing the NYT of being biased they know their world is coming to an end. You see it's amazing to the Obama eunuchs that voters think Barry did his transformation to being gay only for the money. Kind of like a male whore. Voter suspicious are noted in the NYT poll.

"Obama Campaign: NYT Poll Biased"

May 15, 2012 at 11:38 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

This is rich, with Winston being sensitive . . .

Not at all: say, are you purposely misunderstanding? It’s disappointing, though, Red—aren’t you a Site Editor?—that you’d suggest that’s not pretty disgusting language no matter who it is spouting it.

I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t put up with a lefty posting that kind of X-rated word salad here. They’d be gone in a flash.

May 15, 2012 at 11:49 | Registered CommenterWinston

Pussy.

In other news...I'm thrilled to report that the Women's War on Obama is making huge gains in eliminating libtard fantasies.

Also, and much to Winnie-Poo's chagrin, the Jeremiah Wright story isn't only NOT going away, but also seems to be gaining traction.

This election, which the Mocha Messiah seemed to have once believed was an inevitable victory, now seems to be flushing his and the Wookie's ass right down the toilet.

May 15, 2012 at 11:54 | Unregistered CommenterMy Sharia Moor

Winston, are you going to address Machiavelli's question, or simply continue with your current line of diversion? Or maybe you'd rather prove your own civility by doing some more of your patented insults to victims of Down's Syndrome.

May 15, 2012 at 11:57 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Winston isn't here to engage in logical discourse, Red. He never has.

May 15, 2012 at 12:06 | Registered CommenterMachiavelli

I'm not talking about civility. I'm talking about profanity. Please stop pretending you don't know the difference.

May 15, 2012 at 12:07 | Registered CommenterWinston

Winston fails at civility like Obama fails at bowling.

May 15, 2012 at 12:09 | Registered CommenterMachiavelli

May 15, 2012 at 12:19 | Registered CommenterWinston

I think we can split the difference here. Our friend Moor even caused me to cringe a little bit. Plus, no one gets to call Winston a shithole but me.

May 15, 2012 at 12:19 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

Winston isn't bothered by the profanity. He making an issue of it because it's another way to distract.

May 15, 2012 at 12:36 | Registered CommenterMachiavelli

A little delicious sidetrack from the topic here. Chris Matthews on "Jeopardy." If you didn't watch it last night, follow the below link for a great overview. He was really really bad.

May 15, 2012 at 12:48 | Registered CommenterTijuana

Thanks for that link, T. Nothing is more satisfying than watching Chrissy Matthews being hoist with his own petard.

Something is wrong with that man. That's not hyperbole, but a judgement based upon his decline and fall. Years ago, he was a reasonable voice from the liberal side, but in recent years, he seems to be straying far from rationality as his voice become more shrill and his biases more ludicrous.

May 15, 2012 at 13:35 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Winston, if I go back and hide some of the words that have your knickers in a twist, will you then address Mach's question? Seems like that's your precondition, judging by the flow of your posts. Just let me know.

May 15, 2012 at 13:38 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

go back and hide some of the words that have your knickers in a twist

Fuck you, Redbeard. I’m not asking you for a favor. I’m asking whether Site Editors are obliged to enforce a code of conduct even-handedly or whether they can just enforce such a code only against people whose views they don’t like. I don’t fucking care about the fucking words, asshole. My fucking question, you fucking pathetic shithole, is whether that’s fucking OK just for shitheads like the fucking guy who wrote this

Or can anyone fucking do it?

May 15, 2012 at 14:32 | Unregistered CommenterWinston

Or can anyone fucking do it?

So Winnie-Poo's answer to RedBeard's question would be "no."

Classic!!!

May 15, 2012 at 14:45 | Unregistered CommenterMy Sharia Moor

Ya know, ya really can't blame Winnie-Poo for getting all butt-hurt.

His president is losing the Women's War on Obama, Tingles lost his ass on Jeopardy, Fauxccohontas is being tossed onto the ash heap of lies, and the Jeremiah Wright story is gaining traction,.

In other words, it's Winnie-Poo's No Good, Very Bad Week.

Poor little prissy-boy

May 15, 2012 at 14:47 | Unregistered CommenterMy Sharia Moor

My GOD, but you're a wimp.

Pathetic, sad and perpetually damned to lose in life, as well.

Say hi to Fauxcohontas and the Bathhouse, glory-holing Lightbringer while you're at it.

May 15, 2012 at 14:51 | Unregistered CommenterMy Sharia Moor

You make out with your sister with a mouth like that????

I'm almost disgusted.

May 15, 2012 at 14:52 | Unregistered CommenterMy Sharia Moor

I don’t fucking care about the fucking words, asshole.

Yes, we know. Your ability to fake outrage over a trivial point is quite legendary. To use a sports metaphor, it's the rhetorical equivalent of the flop.

May 15, 2012 at 15:00 | Registered CommenterMachiavelli

Winston, I never knew you cared. Thank you.

May 15, 2012 at 15:06 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

You just nailed it, Mach...

The left's ability to manufacture outrage in the face of overwhelming defeat is almost staggeringly predictable.

If these idiots were to ever actually wage a war, they'd throw down their weapons and sue the enemy for having "offended" their delicate sensibilities.

Which, in point of fact, they're now doing, given the Mocha Messiah's now-legendary incompetence, and the electorate's (whom they loathe anyway) awakening to the train wreck that is the Democrat Party.

And Obama ate a dog. And shoved a little girl. And tried to bribe his pastor into shutting the hell up so as not to disrupt the narrative.

May 15, 2012 at 15:07 | Unregistered CommenterMy Sharia Moor

By the way, Winston, I was going to ask My Sharia to try toning it down just a bit, in keeping with the spirit of the blog rules. However, since it seems illuminating to leave your developmentally arrested, deranged, and profanity-laced posts up for further review, it would hardly be fair to My Sharia. Perhaps later, after everyone has had a chance to read all of your posts, Winston, so that no one is left in doubt about your mental disorder. Let's call it involuntary full disclosure on your part.

May 15, 2012 at 15:13 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

By the way, I was going to ask My Sharia to try toning it down just a bit, in keeping with the spirit of the blog rules.

Consider it done. After all, there's more than one way to invalidate a leftist. :-)

May 15, 2012 at 15:16 | Unregistered CommenterMy Sharia Moor

After all, there's more than one way to invalidate a leftist.

Letting them speak is the best way. Self-incrimination at its finest.

May 15, 2012 at 15:22 | Registered CommenterRedBeard

Oh, I'll put my tongue-in-cheek developmentally arrested, deranged, profanity-laced posts up against your pal's apparently genuine ones anytime, Red. And may I say, in terms of fabricated outrage, there's more projection in here than at my local eighteen-film Cineplex.

May 15, 2012 at 15:23 | Unregistered CommenterWinston

Winnie-Poo seems to have his URL's mixed up.

He obviously thinks he just posted the above comment at DUmmieUnderground.com.

May 15, 2012 at 15:26 | Unregistered CommenterMy Sharia Moor

Perhaps Winston has a point here. I mean, are any of us really surprised a Dem politician from Chicago is trying to bribe people?

May 15, 2012 at 15:33 | Registered CommenterMachiavelli