« SCOTUS/ObamaCare Showdown Begins | Main | Republicans Propose Budget That Would Cut Deficit In Half »
Mar232012

Weekend Open Thread

What a week!. The Romney-Santorum race heats up, the Middle East heats up, while Florida makes national news over the shooting of a teenager by a community watch guy.

Then there's the 'Sweet Sixteen' and Peyton Manning goes to the Broncos and Tim Tebow goes to the Jets.

Have a great weekend and post what you like.

You wouldn't know it from thr MSM but the Florida shooter in Trayvon case is Hispanic. My question, with the way Sharpton, OWS and President Me are reacting; 'Why the War on Hispanics?"

March 23, 2012 at 18:10 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

They've already been shown their giant, gaping hole in their "he's just a big ol' racist (probably hates women and listens to Limbaugh too)" line of defense, but they'll still push on with their attack on the 2nd amendment... slowly but surely, as Obama and Holder look on and say "Fast and wha...?"

(Apparently what happens in Mexico doesn't stay in Mexico).

March 23, 2012 at 22:06 | Registered Commenterskinnydipinacid

I wonder if Mexico is also considered one of our closest allies... and if it "punches above its weight"?

March 24, 2012 at 00:06 | Unregistered Commenterskinnydipinacid

The Dinosaur Media have done a terrible job reporting on this story. As usual. The leftist reporters are either too incompentent to know that the shooter is a member of another minority group, or they are deliberately describing him solely as white because they are intent upon promoting the approved story line (lie) of this being another Angry White Man killing an innocent black victim of society.

And, predictably as the sunrise, President Narcissistic Racemonger had to insinuate himself into the Trayvon shooting case, telling anyone who was still listening to his worthless blather that if he had a son, he would look just like Trayvon. What???? He also had to drag his daughters into his maudlin commentary on the shooting. But then, we know that everything has to be all about Obama, no matter what the subject.

But give the Doofuss-in-Chief credit; at least this time, when jumping into the fray before the facts are all known, he didn't accuse the cops of acting stupidly.

Post-racial president, my Aunt Fannie. There has never been a president who has done more to divide this nation along racial lines than the clod we now have.

March 24, 2012 at 07:13 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Looks like a simple case of minority on minority racial violence here. Why do they keep inserting us white folks into the fray even when we are no where in the vicinity when these things happen. Hmmmm, I wonder.

If you have no facts to show what it is you want to show then make something up and pretend they are facts. Sounds like something straight out of alinsky to me.

Excuse me now, I have to go and do my morning soul search on why the precedents couldabeen son was shot and killed by a Mexican for being out and about in a gated community while wearing a hoody.

Ommm, Ommmm, Ommmm...

March 24, 2012 at 11:04 | Registered CommenterTijuana

Seems there was a witness to the Trayvon Martin incident and should we be surprised that it doesn't show anything close to what we have heard up to this point.

It now appears that "the so called victim" was beating the ever living snot out of the "so called perpetrator" when he was shot by said perpetrator.

Back to my soul search.

March 24, 2012 at 19:42 | Registered CommenterTijuana

Who didn't see this coming....

"Memo Reveals: Corzine Did Steal Investor Funds and Perjured Himself Before Congress"

March 24, 2012 at 19:56 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

Corzine? Isn't he a part of that bad ol' Republican Culture of Corruption that Winston was always blathering about?

What's that? Corzine is NOT a Republican? Surely you don't mean he's a.. a... a... Democrat! How can that be?

March 25, 2012 at 06:51 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

T, are you suggesting that it might be best to have all the facts BEFORE condemning Zimmerman as a brutal cold-blooded murderer, and BEFORE labeling Trayvon Martin as an innocent little angel? What a novel concept, in the world of race-baiting publicity hounds like Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and the New Black Panther hatemongers.

March 25, 2012 at 07:39 | Registered CommenterRedBeard

Something like that RB. But I continue to search my soul for answers. So far "nada." I suspect the facts will ultimately negate anything I might find in my search but when the precedent (he's black you know) asks for something I "feel" it is the very least I can do. I would not want to be seen as a racist or bigot or anything like that. Refusing to do or agree with anything a "black man", especially a "black precedent," say's is not a wise choice in these enlightened times.

March 25, 2012 at 19:19 | Registered CommenterTijuana

T, I feel your pain. Any disagreement with President Barry is a certain sign of bigotry. The only possible reason for not liking Fast and Furious, open borders, closed pipelines, higher taxes, unconstitutional mandates, and rotten foreign policy is that we just can't take having a black man in the White House. No other reason is possible. If you doubt that, just ask Winston.

March 26, 2012 at 07:28 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

? Isn't [Corzine] part of that bad ol' Republican Culture of Corruption that Winston was always blathering about

Any disagreement with President Barry is a certain sign of bigotry. The only possible reason for not liking [list of various falsehoods, exaggerations and contrived “scandals”] is that we just can't take having a black man in the White House. No other reason is possible. If you doubt that, just ask Winston.

Interesting. Two things here I find absolutely delightful. The first is that my positions are apparently so airtight you are unable to even address anything I actually say, and must instead attribute to me completely invented obvious falsehoods with whom you are more comfortable arguing—let’s call them “the voices in your head”—of some Bizarro World Winston who pronounces nonsense like “No Democrats are corrupt” or “Disagreeing with the President is racist.” (Are liberals forcing “conservative” ignoramuses to put their ugly hatefulness on full public display?)

It’s why Senator Al dubbed them the Lying Liars, and it stuck because it fits so well. It’s just what Nooshans do: they lie. They’re vicious, lying frauds to whom honest debate is anathema.

Oh, the second thing? It’s that my voice lives in your head.

March 26, 2012 at 10:34 | Registered CommenterWinston

Nooshans never stop whining and pouting that disagreeing with black people is supposedly viewed as racist. In reality, no normal person believes disagreeing with black people is per se racist. What drives normal people to conclude they're bigots is that for some inexplicable reason it seems difficult for Nooshans to express disagreement with black people, particularly the President, without invoking all the affirmative action-birth certificate-crackhead-ghetto-teleprompter-fried chicken-food stamps-thug-gangsta-watermelon-"boy"-rap music garbage that seems to flood their vile consciousness every waking minute.

March 26, 2012 at 10:50 | Registered CommenterWinston

Why yes, yes it does, Winston. Your voice lingers, much like the after effects of a fingernails-on-a-blackboard exercise.

As for the two positions of yours that you just chose to highlight, may I remind you that when a dog buries a bone, and then sits on the spot, it's not much of a secret.

You're a very foolish man, Winston, and a pathologically nasty one to boot. Ed Schultz may want you as his fill-in host. Just try not to out-nasty him; it's never good to upstage the boss man, even if you do have the talent.

March 26, 2012 at 10:56 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Those aren't my positions. You know they're not my positions. I've made my positions abundantly clear many times on this site. Your determination to misrepresent them speaks volumes about your integrity.

March 26, 2012 at 11:00 | Registered CommenterWinston

Projection is the process by which sociopaths identify the expression of truth as pathological and nasty. I love what Harry "Give 'em Hell" Truman said about just telling the truth and they think it's hell. It sure fits.

The world of the homophobic and racist haters is dying, Thank heaven. They know it and it's driving them wild.

March 26, 2012 at 11:07 | Registered CommenterWinston

Thanks for proving that your position on race vs. conservatives is exactly as I characterized it. Are you really so stupid that you can't see what just happened? Asked, and answered.

March 26, 2012 at 11:37 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

There are two things conservatives hate the most. One is to be called a racist. The other is black people.

March 26, 2012 at 12:46 | Registered CommenterChoy Lee Mu

And here is Choy/Brent again, demonstrating the intellectually vacant agenda that is leftism. I really don't think you lefties have any idea how stupid you appear when you write crap like that. Or maybe you are lying deliberately, in hopes that the Big Lie will work this time. Which is worse, stupidity or dishonesty?

March 26, 2012 at 13:38 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

I really don't think wingnuts have any clue how dim and/or dishonest they look when they deny the obvious truth: a significant number of them have racial issues. Heck, I disagree with the President all the time--I'll bet Choy does, too--about all sorts of matters. Somehow, though, we're able to overcome that mysterious force field that takes over Nooshans and compels them to express their disagreements in terms of monkeys, watermelons, fried chicken, hip-hop and other disgraceful hatefulness. It's a sort of political Tourette's syndrome if you will. Somehow such people are always made to feel at home and welcome in the "conservative" camp. It's a question of what you're comfortable with, Redbeard. If you're comfortable associating with haters, haters will be comfortable associating with you.

Again, it's not possible to "debate" people determined to argue with straw men, by misrepresenting others shamelessly. It speaks to their integrity.

March 26, 2012 at 14:43 | Unregistered CommenterWinston

Winston, you are a troubled man. Get help. And if you already have help, ask to have your meds adjusted.

March 26, 2012 at 15:05 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Typical juvenile evasion.

March 26, 2012 at 15:08 | Unregistered CommenterWinston

"It's interesting Tijuana doesn't say he doesn't want to BE a bigot, just that he doesn't want to be SEEN as one.

Don't have to say I don't want to be what I know I'm NOT. You moonbats are the ones who scream racist every time a "conservative" has anything to say critical about "the one" are any person who happens to be black. Just trying to keep you guys calm during my meditation time. Still searching my soul over what could have gone so terribly wrong as to cause obama's couldabeen son to be shot daid by a Mexican in the middle of the night in a gated community with a hoody on. It's tuff though when there are so many blacks and liberals out in the street screaming for George Zimmerman's haid. Screaming RACIST, RACIST, RACIST. The mob mentality on the left over this whole thing is so bad that they have had to hide the guy away to protect him from those who are threatening to kill him.

Hmmmm, I can hardly wait to hear the "WHOLE" story.

Ommmm, ommmm, ommmmm.....

March 26, 2012 at 18:38 | Registered CommenterTijuana

I'm evading nothing, Winston, because there's nothing substantive in your words that earns a substantive response.

But I am avoiding you, in the sense that one avoids meadow muffins. See the difference? It shouldn't be a difficult concept to grasp.

March 26, 2012 at 18:44 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

ZOMG conservatives: Please get it over with, nominate this guy: Hot mic reveals Rmoney’s warm humorous side. I can’t wait.

March 29, 2012 at 13:42 | Registered CommenterWinston