« Weekend Open Thread | Main | Weekend Open Thread »
Thursday
Mar152012

It's NCAA Tournament Time

UPDATED with more links to live broadcasts and 3rd round schedules

Finally, another chance to show how little I know about college basketball.

It's probably for the best.   Fortunately I have no idea how awful my bracket pick is just yet so it makes the upcoming games that much more exciting.   So far I haven't lost in the most painful, embarrassing way imaginable...  so far.   Hopefully I can get through the weekend with some of my picks still intact.

Look how bad these picks areSure I went heavy on the Big 12 and 3/4 of my final four picks stems from that conference, and I guessed who would win often based on the team's seed in the tourney, but that hasn't dampered my spirits.   Sure in my office pool I'm stuck with incredibly bad picks like Lehigh (#15), Long Island (#16), NC State (#11) and Loyola (#15), which probably makes my office pool's blind pick the worst in NCAA bracket history, but at least I can say I donated my $20.

Click the links to watch games on: CBS TruTV TBS and TNT

(for full television schedule click here)

Then come back to see if I did better than President Obama on his brackets:

NC State (#11) looks pretty good. All you need is a little Cinderella shade from 1983 and anything could happen. Not that I'm biased or anything. Go Pack.

March 15, 2012 at 11:00 | Registered CommenterTijuana

Good to hear from Skinnydipinacid. Hope all is well with you.

I used your name some time back because I saw a photo, taken in Cedar Rapids, that made me think of your old caption contests. I submitted the photo to Hot Air and they ran a caption contest with it. The photo is Obama standing behind a large auger screw, it cried out for fake captions. It is funny, Hot Air has used the same photo several times since, which makes me smile.

The Blrag thread is here, several of my comments that disappeared into the ether apparently showed up later so it looks even more than usual like I have Tourette's syndrome, but there is a link there to the Hot Air caption contest.

March 15, 2012 at 11:43 | Registered CommenterDuff, man

Looks like North Carolina is going to be a swing state in this presidential election. So who does obama pick to win the NCAA BB Championship? (Okay, so do the Final Jeopardy tune in your head before answering. This is difficult so take all the time allotted before answering) Dum dee dum, dee dee dum dee dum, dum dee dum dee dum, dee dee dee dum dee, dum dee dum, dee dee dum dee dum, dum dee dum dum dum dee dum..... What/who is ________?

Hah, thought I was gonna tell ya didn'tcha. Well, you'll just have to google it. Toldja it was tuff. :-)

March 15, 2012 at 12:50 | Registered CommenterTijuana

I love Spring Training talk.

March 15, 2012 at 12:58 | Registered CommenterRedBeard

Red, I only picked Kansas to win it all because it wouldn't let me pick the Cubs.

March 15, 2012 at 14:20 | Registered Commenterskinnydipinacid

Obama picked North Carolina? Oh' no! Obama just did for North Carolina what he did for Chicago's chances for the Summer Olympics:

K-Kiss
O-Of
D-Death

March 15, 2012 at 15:31 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

THERE'S NO SPRING TRAINING IN BASKETBALL!!

Yeah, I wish he'd keep his opinions to himself TM. Though considering the shape of the country his opinion ain't worth much.

Missouri loses, Duke loses and my bracket along with many others is left in tatters. There are actually four brackets with only two losses on them. I figure those people have got to be either the stupidest people on earth or regular Einstein's. Just don't see how they came up with the picks that they did. Crazy. Go Pack, Heels and Noles.

March 17, 2012 at 10:19 | Registered CommenterTijuana

THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASKETBALL, either. ;-)

March 18, 2012 at 09:24 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Touche :-(

March 18, 2012 at 12:28 | Registered CommenterTijuana

On the brighter side of things... one of my teams is still alive (NC State) which is better than I can say about 4 others in our office pool. Three cheers for not sucking first!!!

March 19, 2012 at 08:57 | Registered Commenterskinnydipinacid

Hey Skinny, I toldja, I toldja. Let's keep our fingers crossed. If Kansas plays them like they did Purdue the Pack stands a real good chance. Go Wolfpack. I'm looking for an NCSU vs UNC game in the elite 8. That would be sweet for us folks here in NC.

March 20, 2012 at 15:05 | Registered CommenterTijuana

The Obama curse continues. As soon as Barry picked North Carolina to win the NC2A, freak injureis started to happen and they lose in the Elite-8. What Barry did for the hopes of Chicago to win the 2020 Summer Olympics he just did to NC.

March 26, 2012 at 07:08 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller