« Weekend Open | Main | Weekend Open Thread »
Tuesday
Feb072012

Justice Ginsburg Doesn't See Constitution As Model For Egyptians

FOX NEWS

On a recent visit to Egypt, Supreme Court Justice, Ruth Bader Ginsburg advised government officials there not to us the United States Constitution as a model for their own.

I would not look to the U.S. Constitution, if I were drafting a constitution in the year 2012," Ginsburg said in an interview on Al Hayat television last Wednesday. "I might look at the constitution of South Africa. That was a deliberate attempt to have a fundamental instrument of government that embraced basic human rights, have an independent judiciary. It really is, I think, a great piece of work that was done."

Small wonder liberal Justices can't be depended upon to defend the very document they swore to uphold.

This is what "the people" have brought us. I think the Federalist were right, the people are too ignorant and stupid to choose their leaders. Might as well let the elitists have at it.

Now I'll go get a dish rag and clean the tomato(e), cabbage and eggshells off my computer screen.

F**king BITCH!

February 7, 2012 at 15:44 | Registered CommenterTijuana

Tij;

How come the Islamic Brotherhood in Egypt didn't take this DA hostage instead of the other 26 Americans? I would have wired them money to keep her.

February 7, 2012 at 16:25 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

TM, I can only speculate that they didn't want to do us any favors. Bastards..

February 7, 2012 at 17:08 | Registered CommenterTijuana

I'd like to see that warped left-wing clod debate the Constitution with James Madison. Hell's bells, she wouldn't even be able to debate it with a Golden Retriever, because dogs are far wiser than she is. And far more loyal.

February 9, 2012 at 08:55 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Our Constitution was pretty good for 230 years ago but I think we could do much better if we were starting from scratch like Egypt. We've had to amend it how many times? Or should they just copy our whole Constitution word for word - even the 18th Amendment which is repealed by the 26th Amendment? The original Constitution even allowed slavery and didn't allow women to vote, sheesh.

How dare Justice Ginsburg suggest a better Constitution that is even more sensitive to "basic human rights" than our own? Those damn libruls, lol.

February 9, 2012 at 11:10 | Registered Commentershucky-ducky

I'm sure you're right shucky. It is time to tear up the constitution, bull doze the churches and coronate obama king. It was fun while it lasted but the party is over. It's time to turn it all over to the really smart folks like you and harry and nancy and barney and al and chris and joe and chuckey and ......

The people just need to get out of the way and let gubment work like it's supposed to.

This oughta make for a lot of fun.
Judicial:
According to the constitution, the Judiciary is an independent body and is vested with powers to oversee the practices of both the executive and legislative branches. "Judges are independent and can not be taken out of office."

February 9, 2012 at 11:52 | Registered CommenterTijuana

Shucky, thanks for that tired recitation of stale progressive talking points. I heard the same mindless left-wing claptrap from fellow college students back in the '60, those with the affectations of a pipe and leather elbow patches, and who envisioned themselves as latter day Fabians who were just ever so much more sophisticated than the rest of us. All blather and arrogance and dismissiveness, with no reason behind any of it. Which, of course, defines liberalism.

Thankfully, most of those people eventually grew up, got real jobs, and learned how deluded they had been. The rest became slip-and-fall lawyers and Democrat congressmen.

February 9, 2012 at 13:25 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Liberals have hated the constitution since it's inception.

February 9, 2012 at 14:11 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

I know this is 18 months out but her comment on the "deliberate attempt" confounds me. Firstly, what is the instrument of government she mentions? Secondly, how does she see the US Bill of Rights? Are they not deliberate instruments of governance (not government) bound by fundamental human rights? Is she daft or just completely blindeological?

August 9, 2013 at 14:13 | Unregistered CommenterTom Tilkens