« GAME ON: The 2012 Vice Presidential Debate LIVE STREAM @ 9ET/8CT (& Open Thread) | Main | Another Teleprompter-Free Weekend Open Thread »
Tuesday
Oct092012

"Hello Boys and Girls... Vote for Barack Obama"

(skip to most recent comments)

It actually pains me to see a Presidential re-election campaign turn THIS DESPERATE:

I don't know if it's real pain or one of the "hurts so good" variety.

(I'm guessing the latter)

UPDATE:  It appears Sesame Street has responded.  Liberals might want to look away:

Sesame Workshop Response to Campaign Ads

Sesame Workshop is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization and we do not endorse candidates or participate in political campaigns. We have approved no campaign ads, and as is our general practice, have requested that the ad be taken down.

Big Bird's add leaves egg on Obama's face.   Classic.

More "wink-wink-nudge-nudge" from Obamatons on voting twice. Thank goodness the blonde woman isn't a filthy leftist, and doesn't plan to commit the fraud that has been made available to her via crappy election officiating.

But, of course, there IS NO VOTE FRAUD, according to our leftist buddies. Nothing to see here. Return to your homes.

October 11, 2012 at 10:18 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

On that attack in Yemen; the Obama WH wasn't going to get beat to the punch this time. They've officially blamed it on Mitt Romney due to his treatment of Big Bird.

October 11, 2012 at 10:34 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

"HUFFPO: '15 MOST OVERRATED WHITE PEOPLE'" by Columbia University Professor Lamont (my favorite racist) Hill

Of course if we were to reverse the color of that headline (and we dare not do that) I wonder who might qualify.

Oh, I dunno. What I do know is the uniting of our country along the racial divide has been as big a disaster under this precedent as his economic and foreign policies.

How dare he put Elvis on his list of "16."

October 11, 2012 at 10:41 | Registered CommenterTijuana

Ok, here's the link to the story about the filthy leftist bus driver telling a 12-year-old he should have been aborted.

I'm posting this link primarily because Winston, our resident spittle-flinging mental case, racially obsessed braying jackass, and all around loser in life's lottery, thinks that because I forgot the link in the earlier post, the incident didn't happen, or that I'm lying, or some other scenario derived from his tragically permanent derangement.

October 11, 2012 at 10:43 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

"Weekly jobless claims fell to their lowest level in four years,"

One problem; its bullshit. You see one large state (my guess CA) did not report their numbers. So did the BLS withhold the report until they got the data or put an asterisk out with the report explaining the numbers? No. They just reported them and the MSM started the Obama orgasm. So, no politics at the BLS says the libs! Look for a huge revision next week but I'm sure Slo' Joe will recite these numbers tonight and get that pissed look when Ryan has to remind him their false and it's time to update the hair plugs.

Btw, it's time to stop making fun of the accuracy of the Chinese economic reports. Ours should be so precise.

October 11, 2012 at 10:59 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

Tijuana, do you realize that by calling out the racist obsessions of a leftist idiot like Hill, you yourself are now an official racist? It's true. Ask Winston, KwAwk, and Choy/Brent. They'll happily explain how it all works, and why you are guilty. Don't worry that their explanation makes no sense; they're leftists, after all.

October 11, 2012 at 11:04 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

I thought Breitbart was dead. Blogging from beyond the grave is he?

October 11, 2012 at 11:37 | Registered Commenterkwawk

Yeah, I kinda knew that going in RB. A "white" man should never take notice when a "black" man is slapping them around. I mean, who am I (but a racist) to be offended when Elvis is accused of being an over rated "white" man. I'm just a "white" man trying to get by I reckon. I'm so white I can hardly stand it sometimes in today's world. I'm so white I disappear in a sugar factory. :-)

October 11, 2012 at 11:52 | Registered CommenterTijuana

"I thought Breitbart was dead."

Never, ever will he dead. Unlike Big Bird. :-)

October 11, 2012 at 11:54 | Registered CommenterTijuana

Uh, obviously tongue-in-cheek stories about "white people" don’t concern me. Massive wholesale efforts to deliberately impede black and poor people from voting do. Simple concept normal people understand. Pretending you don't just outs you.

October 11, 2012 at 11:56 | Unregistered CommenterWinston

Had to laugh at this piece from Bill Bennett....

When a major figure from a previous administration feels the need to pen an Op-Ed piece declaring you not to be a liar, well the odds are that you are a liar.

Had another laugh at this piece from Gayle Collins..

I agree that there seem to be too many Dems at this point in a state of dispair. But I also see way to many dems with the attitude of oh well looks like Dems underestimated Mitt Romney, when I don't think that we did.

Funny thing is I still see Obama winning this race by 4 point and getting over 300 electoral votes. I guess I see Romney's first debate performance as more of a Pearl Harbor than a Waterloo type event. I've said before that Romney couldn't win the election without a strategy change, and apparenlty he decided to make that strategy change in the midst of a debate setting with a weak moderator who wasn't interested in challenging anything he said, And for some reason Obama felt too constrained to do so. SNL picked up on this with their fictional Romney character claiming to have killed Osama Bin Laden and their fictional Jim Leher character turning to Obama and saying 'Did you hear that?"

October 11, 2012 at 12:04 | Registered Commenterkwawk

The funny thing to me is that when we talk about the browning of America, or America becoming a minority/majority country is that with the passage of civil rights legislation and equal opportunity for all, it is exactly what one would expect. I'm a white cracker with Scottish and German heritage but for census purposes my daughter could be considered to be asian as much as Obama is considered to be black.

October 11, 2012 at 12:14 | Registered Commenterkwawk

Kwawk wrote;

"weak moderator who wasn't interested in challenging anything he said"

LOL, the left is sooo conditioned to having a MSM alongside them in debates they’ve lost the meaning of what a moderator is supposed to do. It's not to “challenge the debater’s” but present questions for debate and enforce the rules. That's it. Don't question responses, re-interpret them or make editorial comments about answers. Anything less than this is seen by the left as "weak." It's unbelievable how conditioned you guys are to only seeing things as fair if they only come through the prism of your lens. Anything less than a middle of the road is “weak.” A moderator should be seen and heard only when the rules demand it, nothing else.

WOW, and I thought the North Koreans were brain washed.

October 11, 2012 at 12:15 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

Not true TM. In most political debate situations the moderator will ask follow up questions if a candidate strays too far from previously held positions. And certainly in post debate analysis you'll see a heavy analysis to what was said compared to the debate performance.

October 11, 2012 at 12:20 | Registered Commenterkwawk

You ever stop to wonder what box Tiger Wood's children will be checking off on their census forms?

Caucasian, Black, Asian, Native American. Check.

October 11, 2012 at 12:23 | Registered Commenterkwawk

"Caucasian dna isn't going anywhere, it's just getting mixed into the great melting pot. In a couple more centuries we'll almost be our own race."

Why you pickin on Caucasians? We ain't the only ones screwin around. You coulda just as easily saiid black dna ain't goin nowhere or Asian dna ain't goin nowhere. But no, you go pickin on Caucasians. You lefties just can't stop slappin yoselves fo bein white now cans ya.

October 11, 2012 at 12:47 | Registered CommenterTijuana

Does the left expect tonight's moderator (whom the left is trying untie the knot securing her to Obama) to be "more forceful" and challenge just Ryan all night? Last I checked the point of a debate is for the opponent to be competent enough to issue their own challenges. Obviously Obama wasn't up to that challenge last week ('cuz he's a SCoaMF), but does the left feel Biden is more capable of doing just that... or hope he'll get the help he'll likely need?

I know Ryan is capable of calling out Biden's b.s. He won't need Martha Raddatz or any other moderator to help him limp through a debate. Ryan's been out there day in and day out since being slated as the VP nomination. Obama's had Joe Biden locked up in a tiny closet under the White House stairs.

The right isn't afraid of putting Ryan in the spotlight while the left is scared to death of the stupid thing(s) Joe might say next. Now they are literally depending on Joe to pull them out of the deep hole they've dug themselves and all he'll come equipped with is a shovel. Good ol' Joe.

October 11, 2012 at 12:51 | Registered Commenterskinnydipinacid

When I look at obama, I see the whitening of America not the darkening of America. My glass is half full :-)

October 11, 2012 at 12:53 | Registered CommenterTijuana

Tonight's moderator should be removed and replaced. This is ridiculous.

October 11, 2012 at 12:55 | Registered CommenterTijuana

all [Biden]'ll come equipped with is a shovel

He'll need it.

October 11, 2012 at 13:12 | Unregistered CommenterWinston

Pre-emptive whining about the moderator. You guys are back!

In any case Paul Ryan should come to tonights debate ready and willing to defend everything Mitt Romney said in the last debate. Why should it matter if the challenges come from the moderator or Joe Biden?

October 11, 2012 at 13:55 | Registered Commenterkwawk

lmao

October 11, 2012 at 13:58 | Registered Commenterkwawk

Who's whining? I'm making fun of the people that literally whined about Jim Lehrer.
Seriously... try to keep up, Kwawk.

So do you liberals feel confident Biden can effectively "strike back", as you put it?

October 11, 2012 at 14:18 | Registered Commenterskinnydipinacid

Let's see what famous politician's lines Joe-Joe can plagiarize tonight. Might be hard for him, without crib notes being allowed.

October 11, 2012 at 14:39 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Our whining about Jim Lehrer occurred after the debate and was related to how poorly we felt he handled the debate. Your whining is about a wedding Obama attended 20 years ago.

I do think Biden will do well in the debate tonight if he does four things:

1) Put the issue of Romney attacking Obama on Simpson Bowles when Ryan himself was put in a position of trust on the commission and refused to sign off on the report even though notable conservatives like Tom Coburn did sign off on it.

2) Tie Ryan to his extreme bills co-sponsored with Todd 'legitimate rape' Akin on abortion.

3) Make Ryan defend Romney's pledge not to lower taxes on the wealthy, which contradicts his own plans.

4) In general make Ryan defend new moderate Mitt including his pledges to work across the aisle.

All of these things if done, even if Obama/Biden lose the election will cut the Tea Party off at the knees.

October 11, 2012 at 14:51 | Registered Commenterkwawk

You see the left won't be happy with anything less than Raddatz pulling a gun on Ryan and pistol whipping him over his answers. It's the 'fair" thing to do according to Kwawk.

October 11, 2012 at 15:12 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

Signs your campaign isn't sure they'll be able to win a debate:

They accuse Ryan of lying before he even takes the stage.

Signs your party has dug themselves a hole so deep not even Joe Biden (lol) can save then:

They insist Libya's "bumps in the road" (i.e. dead soldiers; ambassadors... generally caused by a SCoaMF incompetence) is a non-story; blame Romney/Ryan for it even being discussed.
(just more #StephanieCutterFacts)

October 11, 2012 at 15:24 | Registered Commenterskinnydipinacid

How about simple follow ups TM?

I will not sign a tax cut the increases the deficit.

Does that mean you won't cut the rates as far as your plan says or you'll remove deductions for the middle class?

I know of no legislation that will be part of my agenda regarding limiting abortion?

Does that mean that you won't sign legislation as President that limits abortion or you just won't push legislation relating to abortion?

Mitt Romney's son claimed the other day that he and his brothers were the ones who taught Mitt how to debate, but he claimed that they taught him how to handle a petulant child. It's more likely that they taught him how to campaign like a petulant child with vague answers, half truths and lies through omission.

October 11, 2012 at 15:53 | Registered Commenterkwawk

I guess one has to be a parent to get the "taught him how to debate" joke.

:: sigh ::

October 11, 2012 at 16:09 | Registered Commenterskinnydipinacid

I understand the joke Skinny. Just I'm not sure Romney's playing the role of the grown up. :)

October 11, 2012 at 16:10 | Registered Commenterkwawk

Kwawk;

I've heard almost every explanation under the sun for Obama's debate bust but his supporters refuse to simply and completely put it on Obama and no one else, no modifiers and no what ifs. Obama is a terrible debater. No teleprompter=stumbling, bumbling non-answers. It's what conservatives have seen in this guy since 2007 but the left was so in love with him to the point of fainting they refused to see he was an empty suit or as Eastwood portrayed him an empty chair.

October 11, 2012 at 17:07 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

Now wait a minute, Tom. Don't forget Obama's large body of written works from his time with the Harvard Law Review. You know, the empty bookshelf.

Apparently the man was too busy honing his community activist skills to spend any time actually publishing papers.

Well, there is that little six page scribble, apparently the only thing The One ever wrote at the Law Review, about the great benefits to society of aborting babies. His time at the Law Review must have been well spent indeed.

October 11, 2012 at 19:02 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard
October 12, 2012 at 08:19 | Unregistered CommenterWinston

And yet, while he sees white racism everywhere that it doesn't exist, Winnie sees nothing at all wrong with self-segregation, as long as those who want to segregate themselves are Hispanics, blacks, or Asians. Why not a separate student union for Armenians? How about an exclusive student union for left-handed people only? LGBT Student Union? Oh, wait... that last one has already been proposed.

Leftism is indeed a mental disorder.

October 12, 2012 at 10:01 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard