« So Now That We've Gone Through 3 Debates... Obama Finally Releases a Jobs Plan? | Main | International Socialists Endorse Obama »
Monday
Oct222012

LIVE: Final Presidential Debate of the 2012 Election - Open Thread & Post-Debate Wrap-up

Live stream up... finally:                                         (skip to most recent comments)

I don't what congressional committee's Shultz is assigned to but if her security clearance is anywhere above “Dumbass Level-1", we have a national security issue on our hands.

October 23, 2012 at 16:59 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

But Skinny, there is NO VOTE FRAUD. Our leftie friends tell us so.

October 23, 2012 at 18:28 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Tom, Li'l Debbie makes a run-of-the-mill dumbass look like Stephen Hawking.

October 23, 2012 at 18:30 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Tijuana,

My job is once again showing me who is boss, and I had to cancel going to the Romney event tomorrow. My co-worker can't cover for me anymore.

October 23, 2012 at 20:29 | Registered CommenterDuff, man

Here's the kind of thing that the culture of victimization has created. This poor woman, obviously tormented in ways most of us cannot understand, has drawn on the leftist catalog of racial hatred. Why would she do so? At least some of the answer has to be the constant leftist barage of lies about racism and bigotry.

For 50 years, leftists have been hammering away, telling minorities that they're victims, that they're helpless, and that The Man is keeping them down. After generations of such horrible mind games, it's hardly difficult to understand why the culture of victimization has taken such deep root.

I hope she gets the help she needs, and recovers from her self-inflicted injuries. Part of that recovery must be an understanding that her problems are not caused by other people, of any race.

October 24, 2012 at 05:21 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

"(Reuters) - Officials at the White House and State Department were advised two hours after attackers assaulted the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, on September 11 that an Islamic militant group had claimed credit for the attack, official emails show."

If Obama wasn't going to be kicked out of office on November 6th he might be going to jail for lying to the American public. Also Hillary; say good-bye to that Prez run in 2016.

October 24, 2012 at 06:41 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

Tom, the only uncertainty is whether this Benghazi cluster **** was the result of administration incompetence or dishonesty. Maybe the best answer is that it's both.

October 24, 2012 at 07:33 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

From Powerline and their discussion of how negative dems are going the last two weeks of the election. This one caught my attention due to Winston's feigned outrage over supposed Republican racial dog whistle comments about "golf "and "Chicago."

“Mia Love became a star at the Republican National Convention, which prompted a series of vicious racist attacks by the Democrats. The first was when a Democrat hacked her Wikipedia page to describe her as a “house nigger.” Republicans get accused of racism when they mention golf or Chicago, but Democrats don’t fool around: when they decide to go racist, they call a Republican a nigger.”

I also see Gloria Allred is going to court to have sworn testimony by Mitt Romney made public. She doesn't say why she wants it made public but this publicity whore POS is in her element when going through garbage. Maybe her plane will go down in a ball of fire from California. We could all be so lucky.

October 24, 2012 at 08:13 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

Dear Mr. Newspaper Editor:

Thank you for taking the time to interview me. Now, are we clear that none of what I said is to be released to the public? Yes, I can't risk having people finding out what I actually plan for my second term.

Oh, and by the way; don't forget to endorse me, m-kay?

Sincerely,

Barry Soetoro Obama
aka President Transparency

October 24, 2012 at 08:54 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

"GREENSBORO, N.C. –The presidential election is just around the corner and voting issues have already become a problem in Guilford County.
On Monday, several voters complained that their electronic ballot machine cast the wrong vote. All the complaints were made by people who voted at the Bur-Mil Park polling location.
One of the voters, Sher Coromalis, says she cast her ballot for Governor Mitt Romney, but every time she entered her vote the machine defaulted to President Obama."

As RB would say, nothing to look at here, move along folks.

Hey Duff, sorry to hear you can't make it to the rally. You tried :-)

October 24, 2012 at 08:57 | Registered CommenterTijuana

I see this morning that Obama arranged a phone call with the editor of the Des Moines Register, the largest newspaper in the state of Iowa, a battleground state.

But the newspaper was not given permission to publicize any information in the phone call. A private, personal call from the President to a newspaper editor, seriously?

But the President is unafraid of appearing on talk shows and MTV.

The editorial board of the Register will probably endorse the President anyway, because that is what they do.

October 24, 2012 at 09:16 | Registered CommenterDuff, man

Wow. If you could go to jail for lying to the American public, they'd have to build a whole new prison system just for the Bushies and the right wing propaganda machine.

October 24, 2012 at 09:52 | Registered Commenterkwawk

I see Tom continues to lie without hesitation and continues to fabricate statements he feels free to attribute to me. This isn't the first time. Just as he once accused me of ridiculing Ann Romney's medical condition and Sarah Palin's disabled child (neither of which I have ever even mentioned), I challenge him to document his accusations. He won't. He'll ignore me. Because he can't. Being , well, you know, a vicious and miserable liar. Wingnuts have no honor whatsoever.

I'm proud you feel you need to lie about me, Tom. It's your acknowledgment that truth isn't your friend.

October 24, 2012 at 10:03 | Unregistered CommenterWinston

Tom, I only have one bone to pick with you. Winnie's deranged outrage about racism isn't feigned. He really believes all that crap he spews.

October 24, 2012 at 10:16 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Oh, this is rich. The Obamatons are feeling the heat over the secret interview with the Des Moines Register, and are now backpedaling as fast as they can. Permission granted. So we get to see Barry's interview after all. Wonder what he was so afraid to let us know. Or was this all just part of the secrecy and paranoia that is an integral part of the Obama cabal?

October 24, 2012 at 10:22 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Just as with his previous lie, Tom won't document this one either, because he can't. As for Our Redneck, well, he's the Mensa applicant who once insisted I either don't know any black people or I am one. Good luck trying to make any sense out of that one.

October 24, 2012 at 10:29 | Unregistered CommenterWinston

Winston is on one side of the street and at least 250 million Americans are on the other side who heard & saw Obama's multiple proclamations that the attack was due to a "hateful video" and they had "no information" that it was Al Qaeda for two weeks. Sorry its bullshit and the outcome of Barry sitting on his ass and watching the whole thing in real time is we have four dead Americans. Anyone check Obama's schedule that day to see if he had a tee time?

October 24, 2012 at 10:58 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

kwawk;

I concede the point to you; the jail would be very full and politicians would make up the vast majority of the inmate population.

October 24, 2012 at 11:00 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

Are you winguts afraid of what Romney has turned into in the past week? Or do you just expect him to say anything to get into office then he will turn back into Mitt "the severe conservative" Romney?

October 24, 2012 at 11:27 | Registered CommenterChoy Lee Mu

Never understood the President's concern really... the Register has a rich history of favoring the Dems in pretty much any election. They even went with the man they previously called the least effective Iowa Congressman (Dave Loebseck - D) over the corporate lawyer John Archer, ho despite not being in office gets accused of shipping jobs overseas, because he... works for John Deere (?)

I'm sure if there was anything damning it would have been shielded by the Register.

October 24, 2012 at 11:35 | Registered Commenterskinnydipinacid
October 24, 2012 at 11:43 | Registered Commenterskinnydipinacid

Skinny has the NYT come across Benghazi story yet? I know they ran with an article last week on the "funny" way Romney talks. You know; really important stuff......

October 24, 2012 at 12:07 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

Really they don't. All they care about is defeating the Obama. Plus they are fairly accustomed to being lied to by their own people. They don't believe that Romney is telling them the truth.

October 24, 2012 at 12:24 | Registered Commenterkwawk

Tom, why don't you come up with some example of me calling references to golf or Chicago "racial dog whistles"? Or for that matter me ridiculing Ann Romney's medical condition or Palin's child? If I say such horrible things why do you have to resort to making things up?

Truth is to wingnutz as garlic is to vampires. That's why they could care less how many different Mitt Romneys there are, so long as he unseats Hawaiian Devil Baby.

October 24, 2012 at 12:32 | Registered CommenterWinston

Really they don't. All they care about is defeating the Obama.

You know I'm beginning to think that if tomorrow Obama started shitting diamonds and rubies, the right wing blogs would call it a communist plot to undermine global gem markets.

October 24, 2012 at 13:46 | Registered Commenterkwawk

From Springfield, IL State Journal Register-

“Obama introduced his running mate, Joe Biden, at the Old State Capitol in August 2008. About 160 police officers and nine civilians helped provide protection for Obama’s visit, according to an invoice from the city. Obama’s presidential campaign was sent a bill for $68,139, but still owes $55,457. The city has tried for years to collect.”

Barry won't pay his bills so why should we? What a f**king loser. November 6th can't come soon enough to vote this POS out of office.

October 24, 2012 at 15:23 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

You stay Klassy, Tom.

Meanwhile, People seem to like Bill. Those were good times: peace, prosperity, surplus.
Say, maybe the Republicans should have one of their ex-Presidents endorse Lying Assweasel. Oh, that’s right, they’re all in the f***ing witness protection program. Hahahahahahahahaha!

October 24, 2012 at 20:34 | Unregistered CommenterWinston

I was sad to read of the passing of George McGovern. It reminded me of his real-life education in business which sadly came too late for him to affect through his longtime role in government.

You have likely all seen this story, but it is an old, good story about a new business owner learning about government regulation and possible inequities in the legal system.

From Inc. magazine, the story of George McGovern as an innkeeper.

October 24, 2012 at 21:44 | Registered CommenterDuff, man

It's an interesting article Duff, though I wonder if McGovern would have written the same article if his hotel had been successful? Because a lot of the article sounds like the sour grapes of someone who just wasn't very good in business and had some bad luck?

I understand that each hotel room may have had it's own deck or patio and a large sliding door, but what if the fire started in the outside wall blocking access to the sliding door?

Why would you have your most valuable employee, the hotel manager, sitting in his office for days on end filling out government reports when you could hire an accounting clerk to come in and do the work in half the time for a fraction of the cost?

Whenever I look around, I don't see a shortage of hotels and motels anywhere I go indicating that the business environment is so difficult that people can't stay in that business.

October 24, 2012 at 23:59 | Registered Commenterkwawk

Winston fails to comment on our deadbeat President even when I point out with accurate language what kind of person doesn't pay his bills. Then Winston links to a video that doesn't exist (thanks). The “Classier Than Thou” topper is when Winston calls Romney an "Assweasel." I read where Dow Corning released their Q3 earnings and said all business segments were seeing challenges with the exception of their cyanide product group. I see liberals are stocking up for the big ‘Kool-Aid’ drink off to Narnia on November 7th. Cheers!!!

October 25, 2012 at 06:51 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

Meanwhile, People seem to like Bill.

But that won't stop them from making Bill the scapegoat if Obama loses.

Those were good times: peace, prosperity, surplus.

And lying to the American people. What a swell guy. But that Romney fellow? He's the lying assweasel. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

October 25, 2012 at 08:00 | Registered CommenterMachiavelli

Winston fails to comment . . . Winston links to a video . . . Winston calls Romney an "Assweasel."

Tom, why don't you document me calling golf or Chicago references "racial dog whistles,” or me ridiculing Ann Romney's medical condition or the Palin kid? Otherwise, STFU. You seem to be competing with Clueless Plutocrat for the title of Senior Lying Assweasel.

October 25, 2012 at 09:26 | Unregistered CommenterWinston

For the first time in my adult life, I am proud of:

The Des Moines Register

Remember yesterday the Register had the recorded interview with Obama that the Presdient wanted them to use to make the decision to endorse him for re-election, but also consider private communication and not release to the public. That tends to upset newspaper people, even ones who are deep, deep in the tank for the President.

So today they give Iowans a bit of factual visual contrast between the candidates.

October 25, 2012 at 09:37 | Registered CommenterDuff, man

Mach;

For once I feel bad for Billy. He was trying to drag Obama's dead-ass across the finish line and now he's to blame for Obama's impending loss? LOL. Oh' man the left's breakdown post November 6th will be epic.

October 25, 2012 at 09:38 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

"In Ohio, Biden Talks About All the Ads Being Run 'Here in Iowa'"

A swing-state twofer. Biden manages to piss off both states. Keep Joe out there on the trail. Leave em' in Ohio. Talk about the impressive Ohio State Wolverines.

October 25, 2012 at 09:47 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

Maybe they misspelled IOWA as OIWA... which made it look like OIHO

October 25, 2012 at 09:53 | Registered Commenterskinnydipinacid

I hear Bernie Madoff exuded a lot of confidence too.

It's a great mystery. Where does the con in con-man come from? It's a great mystery. Like how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop.

October 25, 2012 at 10:53 | Registered Commenterkwawk