« So Now That We've Gone Through 3 Debates... Obama Finally Releases a Jobs Plan? | Main | International Socialists Endorse Obama »
Monday
Oct222012

LIVE: Final Presidential Debate of the 2012 Election - Open Thread & Post-Debate Wrap-up

Live stream up... finally:                                         (skip to most recent comments)

Is there such a thing as 'Auto-Tune' for debates? Obama desperately needs one.

October 22, 2012 at 18:28 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

NOT TRUE GOVERNOR ROMNEY... NOT TRUE!!

October 22, 2012 at 20:26 | Registered Commenterskinnydipinacid

Debbie Downer looks like Medusa in that video.

October 22, 2012 at 20:42 | Registered CommenterDuff, man

I don't like that they are going to be seated. I would much rather see them back standing at respective lecterns as in the first debate.

And I don't like that bob (might as well be rather) schieffer is moderating. This shit with these liberal left wing only moderators needs to change.

We'll see, but I'm thinking, given the opportunity, at some point this is going to turn into another two on one. I just hope Romney is at his very best tonight. I believe the most important thing he needs to do tonight is stay relaxed and let obama spin and tell his lies as he has always done, the calmly call him on it and let it go. If possible.

And yeah skinny, I expect to hear a repeat of the NOT TRUE beginnings from obama tonight. Sheeeez, this shit makes me nervous.

October 22, 2012 at 20:53 | Registered CommenterTijuana

I think that just added to the nerves skinny. Keeeyal, keeeyal I wanna keeyal. :-)

I did really like the obama supporter who said, "two more years," LOL too funny

If schieffer does get off base tonight I hope Mitt doesn't hesitate to chomp down on him like Newt would on a newton in a skinny minute.

October 22, 2012 at 21:11 | Registered CommenterTijuana

LOL, obama, as leader you've gotta be clear,,,, too funny.

October 22, 2012 at 21:43 | Registered CommenterTijuana

obama, we've energized the international community. Yeah, you've done that alright. Sheeeeez

October 22, 2012 at 21:45 | Registered CommenterTijuana

Romney, emphasizing no military intervention. EXCELLENT!

October 22, 2012 at 21:46 | Registered CommenterTijuana

I'm watching recorded ahead so a little behind actual live debate.

October 22, 2012 at 21:48 | Registered CommenterTijuana

obama now has a "red line" with Israel. HAHAHAHAHAAHAH...

October 22, 2012 at 21:53 | Registered CommenterTijuana

obama is getting goosenecked as he listens to Romney

October 22, 2012 at 21:56 | Registered CommenterTijuana

I hope Romney brings up obama's endorsements about now. Probably won't though. Never has a U.S president been so endorsed.

October 22, 2012 at 22:00 | Registered CommenterTijuana

How many "corpsemen" votes do you think the Navy = cavalry / bayonets quip Obama lost with that sniveling?

October 22, 2012 at 22:02 | Registered Commenterskinnydipinacid

Nothing like a debate to get obama to make strong statements concerning Israel and Iran.

October 22, 2012 at 22:15 | Registered CommenterTijuana

He sure was being a condescending asshole skinny.

October 22, 2012 at 22:16 | Registered CommenterTijuana

Again with his I've been very clear in negotiations with Iran... I guess he is a lot clearer with other nations than he is with the American people

October 22, 2012 at 22:21 | Registered CommenterTijuana

Obama immediately blurts his insulting talking points then stutters and stumbles around looking for the next talking point in his head... uh, er, uh... not Presidential at all. Looks like fighting for survival at this point... in both the debate and the election.

October 22, 2012 at 22:22 | Registered Commenterskinnydipinacid

SCoaMF totally botched it by asking people to check on what Mitt said about GM.

Hopefully more people will. Mitt was right, SCoaMF was horribly wrong.

October 22, 2012 at 22:32 | Registered Commenterskinnydipinacid

it's funny watching MSNBC hosts follow Ed Schultz lead...
they're confused by how it was such a horrid night for Romney...
but feel little choice but to nod their heads and agree cuz it sounds good to them.

October 22, 2012 at 22:46 | Registered Commenterskinnydipinacid

The split screen when Romney was speaking showed Obama trying to shoot lasers out of his eyes at Mitt. At least he didn't rub his face with his middle finger again.

October 22, 2012 at 22:53 | Unregistered Commenterduffman

When the comments came about the apology tour, Romney should have brought up the reset button given to the Russians, and he would not have needed to mention that the word our state department thought was "reset" was actually closer translated to "overcharge".

When talk of daylight between Obama and Israel came up, Romney should have mentioned Obama choosing not to meet with Netanyahu or any other world leaders privately at the time of the UN General Assembly meeting. He should have pointed out where the president was campaigning on those days. Where was it? Las Vegas and Hollywood? I can't remember. Oh yes, it was appearing on the hard hitting news program hosted by david letterman.

October 22, 2012 at 23:17 | Registered CommenterDuff, man

Romney looked Presidential, did not allow himself to be painted as a war monger, scored some more points on a weak economy resulting in a weak America viewed around the world, great arguments on trade with China, Romney showed himself to be very knowledgeable on foreign affairs. was factually correct on obama supporting leaving troops in Iraq and on him (Romney) allowing car manufacturing to go through bankruptcy with follow up gov't backing so car owners would not have to be concerned about their warranty's.

Romney did not get petty tonight but obama did on several occasions. And condescending.

Romney's closing statement was excellent!

Romney did not lose and obama did not win = win for Romney. I have little doubt the polling in a few days will support this and hopefully Romney will be our next President. All of this is IMMHO.

October 22, 2012 at 23:38 | Registered CommenterTijuana

Shorter Mitt Romney: This failed president has made us weaker in the world, and I will continue all of his policies!

October 23, 2012 at 00:21 | Registered CommenterChoy Lee Mu

So much failure, so little time to cover it all so why bother. Ergo the look of frustration almost anger on obama's face for so much of the night. Romney made his points but didn't take the bait that obama kept laying out there. A good night for Romney.

October 23, 2012 at 00:37 | Registered CommenterTijuana

The Amazing Disappearing President.

Every day, he looks more and more like the Chipmunk in the Small Chair.

A visitor from another planet, watching the debate, could be forgiven for assuming Romney to be the incumbent.

October 23, 2012 at 05:05 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

For what it's worth, David Gergen, the Republican...er, no... the Democrat... er, no... the Independent talking head, has said that Romney passed the Commander-in-Chief test last night.

Ok, that sounds good. We'll take it. But coming from Gergen, that opinion and a buck might get you a cup of bad coffee at McDonald's.

October 23, 2012 at 06:22 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

"State Senator Neal Kedzie says his son was attacked while trying to stop someone from stealing his Romney/Ryan yard sign."

They're desperate. Voting season is "thug season."

October 23, 2012 at 07:00 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

Best description I heard of Obama last night was that he looked like a "blinking muppet"

October 23, 2012 at 07:28 | Registered Commenterskinnydipinacid

A foreign perspective.

(also known as a "tie" to liberals)

October 23, 2012 at 08:14 | Registered Commenterskinnydipinacid

If I were a Muppet, I would be insulted. Even Gonzo is more presidential than the SCoaMF.

October 23, 2012 at 09:39 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Yesterday's talking point: "he'll bring back 4 more years of Bush policies"
Today's talking point: "he's no different that Barack Obama, so vote for Obama"

October 23, 2012 at 10:11 | Registered Commenterskinnydipinacid
October 23, 2012 at 10:13 | Registered Commenterskinnydipinacid

Rasmussen beginning to parallel Gallup: R 50% O 46% :-)

October 23, 2012 at 10:15 | Registered CommenterTijuana

"Post-debate, MSNBC’s Matthews claims Romney supporters fueled by racial hatred of Obama" FNC, BIAS ALERT!

Will it never end.? Maybe, after Nov 2nd.

October 23, 2012 at 10:59 | Registered CommenterTijuana

Where is "Pochy-Stan" on the map?

October 23, 2012 at 11:09 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

My comment last night about Medusa was for a video which was a placeholder prior to the live debate coverage. I should have realized that my comment would be orphaned, my bad.

The video from ABC news is here, scroll to aound 4:10. Maybe I should have saved a screenshot of Wasserman-Schultz for Halloween.

October 23, 2012 at 11:11 | Registered CommenterDuff, man

POCK-EEE-ston is on the border of Afghanabortionstan.

October 23, 2012 at 11:16 | Registered Commenterskinnydipinacid

Yesterday's talking point: "he'll bring back 4 more years of Bush policies"
Today's talking point: "he's no different that Barack Obama, so vote for Obama"

Or another way of looking at it is that Romney as Obama has said is all over the map on issues of foreign policy and Obama has no choice but to combat each change in Romney's positions with a new rebuttal.

October 23, 2012 at 11:21 | Registered Commenterkwawk

“We start here at Jerkola, down the Insane River, over the Giva Dam, through Pushover, across Shmowland, to the stronghold of Shmow.” --Moe Howard

October 23, 2012 at 11:23 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

I think I have got my work schedule covered so I will be able to attend the Romney event in CR. Gonna get there early.

Attending campaign events is new for me, my first event attended was Paul Ryan in Dubuque a while back.

As I have said before Jimmy Carter soldified me as an Independent and Obama, with an assist from Ron Paul, finally turned me into a registered Republican.

October 23, 2012 at 11:50 | Registered CommenterDuff, man

Or another way of looking at it is that...

...Romney isn't the Dr. Strangelove the Obama campaign tried to paint him as?

October 23, 2012 at 11:53 | Registered CommenterMachiavelli

I'll bet none of y'all knew what an aircraft carrier or submarine was until last night. It is nice to have a leader who provides us with such concise and "clear" information nigh idn'tit?

October 23, 2012 at 12:04 | Registered CommenterTijuana

Red;

This site needs more Three Stooges quotes! LOL.

October 23, 2012 at 12:06 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

Hey Duff, is that event today?

October 23, 2012 at 12:08 | Registered CommenterTijuana

Tijuana,
The event is tomorrow, at the Fixed Base Operator site on the Cedar Rapids airport grounds.

As long as I am going, might as well try to get a close spot to stand by arriving early, doors open at 4 or 4:30, event starts at 6:30 and Romney speaks at 7.

October 23, 2012 at 12:57 | Registered CommenterDuff, man

Romney isn't the Dr. Strangelove the Obama campaign tried to paint him as?

Or Romney isn't the Dr. Strangelove character he painted himself to be in order to please you.

October 23, 2012 at 13:58 | Registered Commenterkwawk

Will look forward to hearing back from you on how that goes Duff.

October 23, 2012 at 14:48 | Registered CommenterTijuana