« International Socialists Endorse Obama | Main | The Buck Stops With, Hillary??? »
Oct192012

I Went to a Fight and an Open Thread Broke Out

I wish this was an open challenge to anyone... I truly wish that:

(helpful link so you can skip past 8 minutes of gobbledygook)

I'd flatten that square head of his.  If it helps save me some loot with the price of airfare... I'll make it a point to call Scary Larry a liar once a week.  Or does he have to call my dad a liar?   How does this game work?

It's especially funny to Republicans when O'Donnell calls anybody a "draft-dodger".

... and since we're talking about leftist hypocrisy:  Here's a doozy for the #WarOnWomen crowd.

Per the link:

“In short, Planned Parenthood helps women nationwide get access to mammograms, as part of the range of health care Planned Parenthood health centers provide to nearly three million people a year. Planned Parenthood doctors and nurses do this like any other primary care provider or ob-gyn does,” it admits.

“Women rely on Planned Parenthood for referrals,” the abortion business admits. “Planned Parenthood doctors and nurses refer patients to other facilities for mammograms.”

Somebody please tell President Obama that women do not need to rely on Planned Parenthood for mammograms any more than they need to rely on Google or the Yellow Pages for one.    In the meantime add it to the growing list of misinformation he spread Tuesday.

...  Speaking of lies:   This lady again.   Ugh.

"Big Country"...  it's not quite the next "Not Optimal", but she tries.

:: DING DING ::

Whoops... there's the bell... bring out the ring girl.

(whoops, wrong ring girl)

For the next few rounds I'll let Obama and Romney duke it out, courtesy of the Alfred E. Smith dinner.   I don't know if a sense of humor factors into the debate performances, but if we're scoring these at home I'd say Romney is the clear winner in this battle of whits too:

First:

Not First:

Did Romney score the knockout or was Obama punching at himself again?

Can't tell, guess we'll have to check the scorecards.

Tell us how they did, or just sputter on about something else... it's another open thread so there's no holds barred, but try to keep things to a humane level.   No low blows, eye gouges or displaying naked pictures of Debbie Wasserman Schultz (which technically falls under the classifcation of eye gouging).

Have a great weekend fight fans.

O'Donnell has, as they say, issues. Hmmm... has anyone ever seen Winston and O'Donnell in the same room together? Could it be............?

Meanwhile, good polling news from south Florida, with our man Allen West up by 51% to 42%. Of course we simply must assume that his opponent and all his opponent's supporters are racists. Right?

October 19, 2012 at 14:58 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

... or that Florida is simply "too big" of a state for a Dem to campaign in successfully.

October 19, 2012 at 15:11 | Registered Commenterskinnydipinacid

Larry O'Donnell vs. the following:

O'Donnell vs. Hillary. Hilary by KO
O'Donnell vs. Steven Hawking. Hawking by TKO
O'Donnell vs. Honey Boo Boo. Honey Boo Boo by a decision
O’Donnell vs. Chris Matthews. Postponed due to Matthew having cramps.
O'Donnell vs. Winston. A terrible slap fight, hair pull, coarse language and spitting. Split decision.

Is there anything more laughable and pathetic than a tough male liberal on T.V.? Rachel Maddow would kick the shit out this guy. Kids in school who had their lunch money taken turned around and it took it from Larry. As I said, libs are through.

October 19, 2012 at 15:13 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

What does obama care about what comes out of his mouth, as long as he can flash that big "Alfred E Newman" smile of his he figures it'll be alright.

I'm really disappointed in Florida liberals if they do not vote to keep this black man in the HOR. I mean, black is black, is it not? Oh, tha's right, he IS blacker than "the one." Not a "CLEAN" enough looking black for leftists I reckon. RAAAAACIST BIGOTS!

Anybody seen or heard from janeane garofalopolis lately. She'll set 'em straight.

October 19, 2012 at 15:17 | Registered CommenterTijuana

"O’Donnell vs. Chris Matthews. Postponed due to Matthews having cramps."

LOL, too funny TM :-)

October 19, 2012 at 15:20 | Registered CommenterTijuana

Had a little time on my retired hands on Wednesday so decided to take in a couple of movies that had excellent reviews.

"ARGO" as you may already be aware is produced, directed and acted in by ben affleck. I don't like his politics but find him more tolerable than most lib Hollywood types. Anyhow, this movie was, for me, every bit as good as the reviews that I read about it. The rescue of 6 American hostages from Tehran in 1979 after they evacuated the U.S. Embassy during a mob take over of that facility. And of course the riot and taking of Amercan hostages who were held in captivity for 444 day's helped put the final nail in jimmuh's electoral coffin. I highly recommend it.

"Atlas Shrugged Part II"
Excellent and enjoyable movie for any good capitalist.

A word on Ayn Rand. While I am in complete agreement with her views on individual freedoms, entrepreneurship, free markets and in short Capitalism I reject her atheism which sees the individual as the ultimate good in all of creation. Her belief that individuals should see themselves as completely autonomous and free of altruistic tendencies goes too far IMMHO. She rejects altruism as a part of human nature and sees it as a product of society that enslaves the individual to a responsibility for others for whom they should feel no responsibility at all. Personally, she was a woman who had little to no tolerance for views outside her own. I am confident she would shout with all that is in her that there is no way hillary clinton is the smartest woman in the world. On that we would agree. :-)

I also chanced across "Act of Valor" last night on Netflix. Superb movie about the bravery and efficiency of our Navy SEALS. Extremely well done drama and action film based on true events.

October 19, 2012 at 16:02 | Registered CommenterTijuana

"Alan (a liberals liberal) Colmes calls for Eva Longoria to quit Obama campaign despite apology for re-tweet of rant about Romney"

For those who haven't heard, she called Romney a "racist/misogynist" and said any woman or person of color who would vote for him is stupid (which is probably the part that most upset Alan.) Now windy can get away with saying that kinda stuff, and more, but when you are a co-chair of the obama campaign, well, that is another matter. We'll see I reckon.

You go Alan... I couldn't agree more.

October 19, 2012 at 16:13 | Registered CommenterTijuana

'OBAMADINEJAD: U.S. DEBT WILL DESTROY AMERICA. IF I HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT.' :-)

October 19, 2012 at 16:21 | Registered CommenterTijuana

Tij, let's say I watched the first Atlas Shrugged and thought the acting was fairly bland. Knowing that and that they replaced pretty much the entire original cast for this new sequel... will I be pleasantly surprised or slighly turned off by it?

October 19, 2012 at 16:47 | Registered Commenterskinnydipinacid

Skinny, I think you will be slightly surprised. I think they did a better job overall with the cast and the making of part II. It is a little strange the way they changed the entire cast but I think this was a better casting than the first part. The thing that kinda comes on rather abruptly is the end and it states End of Part II. I'm wondering how many parts there will be. III or IV. I know it is a big book (didn't read it) so I don't know exactly where they may be in the telling of the story. If you've read the book you can probably tell better.

October 19, 2012 at 21:55 | Registered CommenterTijuana

Something to think about next time we hear wingnuts complain about who is and isn't wearing a lapel pin....

Another bit of speculation is that Ri has fallen out of favor by some top members of the Communist Party in North Korea.

This stems from the fact that recent photos show Ri without a lapel pin that all adult North Koreans are required to wear. The pin features the face of Kim Il Sung, founder of the nation, according to the Telegraph.

Some reports say that the fashionable Ri even wears an ornate brooch in place of the red, flag shaped pin.

Anyone besides me wondering if their flag lapel pins are made in China too?

October 19, 2012 at 22:05 | Registered Commenterkwawk

It's a bit Ironic to use the term 'wingnut' with this video in such close proximity, kwAwk...and with O'Donnell exhibiting such professionalism and all...

October 20, 2012 at 05:39 | Registered CommenterZoy Clem

The wording over O'Donnell's oddly shaped head is: "The Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell." Oh, that such a wish could be granted.

October 20, 2012 at 06:00 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Btw Larry if you think that fake Boston accent makes you tougher, think again. This guy has always been a POS but know he's taken it to a new level. I get through L.A. and N.Y all the time and run across media people frequently. I hope I never see this guy; my attorney may be busy for awhile.

October 20, 2012 at 07:59 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

"MSNBC Host 'Lucky' to Get Paid Half as Much as Her Male Co-Host"

So Mika is cool with getting paid half of what Scarborough gets by the most liberal network ever and they point fingers at Republicans????

PRICELESS

October 20, 2012 at 08:01 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

Any public official not wearing an American flag lapel pin during a public event or while on the job should be banished from office. There is that wingnutty enough for you :-) And if you disagree I'll sock you right in the mouth. hahahahahahahahahahaha

Sheeeeeeeez and shimanee crickets! What we need is some patriotism up in heeuh. LOL :-) hahahahahahahahahahaha

October 20, 2012 at 08:04 | Registered CommenterTijuana

TM, What we need is to be puttin some women up in BINDERS heeuh! hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

October 20, 2012 at 08:06 | Registered CommenterTijuana

They raised a billion dollars for the campaign and they still need to borrow $$$$?

"Obama Campaign Borrows $15M from Bank of America"

October 20, 2012 at 10:19 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

Anecdotal, I know, but still interesting. Drove into our little town this morning. Along the one mile trip, I counted 16 Romney/Ryan yard signs, one "Fire Obama" sign, and two "NoBama" signs. But not one single Obama/Biden sign, nor anything critical of Romney/Ryan. I wish the election could be settled within this community.

Of course, this means that my community is simply packed with racists.

October 20, 2012 at 11:35 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

As I've said before, I live in a fairly evenly mixed race neighborhood and I've seen no signs either way. That tells me that everyone is just trying to get along 'up in heeuh.' :)

On my drive to the golf course however, I see the same thing described by you RB. Romney/Ryan and Fire Obama signs. And one "Honk if you love America" sign. I do be doin some honkin..

October 20, 2012 at 12:08 | Registered CommenterTijuana

Zoy - perhaps an episode of celebrity boxing between Tag Romney and Layrry O'd is in order. Could you imagonr the tears cried by Tucker Carlson if One of Obama's supporters had theatened to clock the Mittster?

October 20, 2012 at 14:10 | Registered Commenterkwawk

No... they only threaten to assassinate him.... but I'm sure they do so with the utmost respect. (i.e. they realize how great a threat he is to the dethroning of the Fresh Prince of Bill Ayers)

October 20, 2012 at 21:02 | Registered Commenterskinnydipinacid

Good morning, Raggers. Time to wake up and see what idiotic thing Joe-Joe Biden is gonna say today, and what MSNBC will do (or not do) to cover for him.

October 21, 2012 at 06:07 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

"Sandra Fluke, the woman at the center of a media firestorm earlier this year after Rush Limbaugh called her a “slut,” spoke Saturday in front of about 10 people at the Sak ‘N Save in north Reno."

On the stump for O. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ..... " :-) So many moonbats in the world, so little time to assemble them all.

October 21, 2012 at 06:55 | Registered CommenterTijuana

Just pathetic, that the lefties think this woman should be their standard bearer. A lay-about professional student, 30-something years old and still unproductive in life, demanding that we pay for her recreational sex costs.

You lefties, be proud of your agenda. Shout from the rooftops that this is what you want to be known for.

Shouting may not be enough, though, considering Fluke's complete flop as a campaign speaker. 10 attendees, and all probably part of the local Democrat organization. Were they wearing costimes in the form of lady parts, like the morons elsewhere have been doing?

October 21, 2012 at 07:26 | Registered CommenterRedBeard

Either the world has gone completely insane or Obama has leaked information on Iranian nuke talks in hopes of politicizing yet another foreign policy disaster while the media applauds it as a great thing. Are things so bad for Obama that he has to rely on Iran to save his reelection?

October 21, 2012 at 09:48 | Unregistered CommenterFaultline

Glenn Greenwald on the colossal dunce that is Debbie Wasserman Schultz:

That Obama has a "kill list" has been known since January, 2010, and has been widely reported and discussed in every major American newspaper since April 2010. A major controversy over chronic White House leaks often featured complaints about this article (New York Times, 5 June 2012: "Senators to Open Inquiry Into 'Kill List' and Iran Security Leaks"). The Attorney General, Eric Holder, gave a major speech defending it.

But Debbie Wasserman Schultz, the Democratic Congresswoman from Florida and the Chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee, does not know about any of this. She has never heard of any of it. She has managed to remain completely ignorant about the fact that President Obama has asserted and exercised the power to secretly place human beings, including US citizens, on his "kill list" and then order the CIA to extinguish their lives.

Just marvel at this stunning, completely inexcusable two-minute display of wholesale ignorance by this elected official and DNC chair. Here she is after the second presidential debate being asked by Luke Rudkowski of We Are Change about the "kill list" and whether Romney should be trusted with this power. She doesn't defend the "kill list". She doesn't criticize it. She makes clear that she has never heard of it and then contemptuously treats Rudkowski like he is some sort of frivolous joke for thinking that it is real.

Anyone who observes politics closely has a very low bar of expectations. It's almost inevitable to become cynical - even jaded - about just how inept and inane top Washington officials are. Still, even processing this through those lowly standards, I just find this staggering. Staggering and repellent. This is an elected official in Congress, the body that the Constitution designed to impose checks on the president's abuses of power, and she does not have the foggiest idea what is happening in the White House, and obviously does not care in the slightest, because the person doing it is part of the party she leads.

One expects corrupt partisan loyalty from people like Wasserman Schultz, eager to excuse anything and everything a Democratic president does. That's a total abdication of her duty as a member of Congress, but that's par for the course. But one does not expect this level of ignorance, the ability to stay entirely unaware of one of the most extremist powers a president has claimed in US history, trumpeted on the front-page of the New York Times and virtually everywhere else

October 21, 2012 at 10:31 | Registered CommenterMachiavelli

Are things so bad for Obama that he has to rely on Iran to save his reelection?
(link added)

No idea... but they are definitely THIS desperate (for cash).

Of course, Obama doesn't exactly have the best track record on budgeting, now does he?

October 21, 2012 at 10:57 | Registered Commenterskinnydipinacid

Tij;

You'll love this quote:

"David Burge‏@iowahawkblog

If Sandra Fluke hit up each one of her rally attendees for $11, it'd pay for 1 year of birth control pills at Target."

LOL.

October 21, 2012 at 11:06 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

Yes sir T.M., LOL, I hope she took the time to ask "the crowd"

Ol Burge, what a hoot that guy is. I actually donated $5 to his beer fund not too long ago.

October 21, 2012 at 13:14 | Registered CommenterTijuana

At 6 this morning, I suggested we look out for Biden's idiocy. Well, he never disappoints. Here he is, mugging, acting like a 7th grade cut-up, taking the attention off a woman's serious story of cancer survival. What a class A jerk.

October 21, 2012 at 16:25 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Loved this... fit well with the topic as well.

October 22, 2012 at 16:08 | Registered Commenterskinnydipinacid

What????!!!! Are you trying to say that Dear Leader LIED to us? Say it ain't so, Skinny!

October 22, 2012 at 17:14 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard