« I Went to a Fight and an Open Thread Broke Out | Main | LIVE: 2012 Presidential Debate Number Two - The Town Hall Forum / Open Thread »
Wednesday
Oct172012

The Buck Stops With, Hillary???

CNN

President Harry Truman, had a sign on his desk with this inscription : "The Buck Stops Here."

Obviously, Truman truly understood that as Commander In Chief he was ultimately responsible for the actions and inactions of his office. Apparently, that no longer holds true.

After the Embassy debacle of this past September 11th in Libya which ended in the murder of an American Ambassador, on what is considered 'American Soil,' President Obama has allowed his Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, to take the heat.

"I take responsibility," Clinton told CNN in an interview while on a visit to Peru. "I'm in charge of the State Department's 60,000-plus people all over the world, 275 posts. The president and the vice president wouldn't be knowledgeable about specific decisions that are made by security professionals. They're the ones who weigh all of the threats and the risks and the needs and make a considered decision."

The White House has continually changed it's story about what they knew and when they knew it. Originally they tried  to blame an anti-Islam video for the carnage, even though they had been repeatedly warned of a terrorist attack on 9/11.

Vice-President Joe Biden, claimed during his VP debate with Paul Ryan, that the White House didn't know that the beleaguered Embassy had repeatedly asked for more security.

So, either they knew of the threat and did nothing, or they didn't know of the threat and put Americans in harms way through their incompetence. Either one is unacceptable.

The only reason Hillary hasn't gone public with her burning hatred for Obama is that she wants him to win, thereby making it easier to position herself for 2016.

Hillary might be a bigger threat to the republic than Obama. But still, watching this latest rift widen and play out might be most entertaining. Too bad that the fireworks will be put off until after the election, with the MSM doing their best to bury the conflict until then.

October 17, 2012 at 04:39 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

"I screwed up up BUT it was that damned 'fog of war' thingy that made it impossible for any of us to see things clearly in the aftermath."

Oooh if we could only get dan rather back, I'm sure he would be all over this like a green fly on a cow pie.

October 17, 2012 at 09:12 | Registered CommenterTijuana

Things my commanding officer told me: "You can delegate responsibility, but not accountability."

Accepting responsibility for a mistake means also accepting the consequences for making that mistake.

October 17, 2012 at 13:08 | Registered CommenterMachiavelli

Mitt Romney: Let Detroit not go to the World Series!

October 18, 2012 at 21:35 | Registered CommenterChoy Lee Mu

Ok then, fellow members of the DNC, here's the plan. We'll gather up all the imbeciles in the country, line them up at public events, and tell them that they must support for Obama. Most will say, "Sure! Dude! Hope and change, man!" But if any of them ask why, send them home. We need the idiot vote BADLY. Ok, get busy.

October 19, 2012 at 07:22 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Redbeard, yeah, like dude, you know it's like awfully racist of you dude to make obama supporters (you know he's like black dude) look like so stupid like that dude. DUDE!

eva longoria, co-chair of obama campaiign twits, “I have no idea why any woman/minority can vote for Romney. You have to be stupid to vote for such a racist/misogynistic twat,”

Note: her use of the English language leaves something to be desired. I know it is racist of me to point that out since she supports obama. You know, him being black and all.

October 19, 2012 at 08:09 | Registered CommenterTijuana

Eva Longoria, Mensa member and spokesperson for the Emily Post Society. What an intelligent, refined and well-spoken lady she is. Remarkable.

Oh, wait... have I committed a faux pas here? She's a member of a minority "community" of some sort, so I must be a racist.

October 19, 2012 at 08:26 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

And an obama campgian co-chair. Making you a double racist. Actually, I'm sure you are more racist than that, but then I don't know all of your deep dark hidden secrets about race of which I'm sure you have many. You are probably one of those folks who puts cream in your "black" coffee. We all know what that is really all about dude. Check out the code mon.

October 19, 2012 at 08:58 | Registered CommenterTijuana

Lies! All LIES! I do NOT put white stuff into my black coffee. However, now that I stop to think about it, my wife does. Holy crap! I'm married to a closet RAAAAACIST!

October 19, 2012 at 09:16 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

I don't know about that closet thingy. I mean, if she does this when she is out in restaurants and all, that,s some pretty blatant racism going on there. These are likely hidden Freudian impulses on her part, so helping her to become aware of them and stop might save her from future, potential grief being poured down upon her by a more keenly aware leftist (and obama supporter) who might be passing by.

October 19, 2012 at 10:04 | Registered CommenterTijuana

From the smartest precedent since "slick willy," 'WHEN FOUR AMERICANS GET KILLED, IT'S NOT OPTIMAL'

October 19, 2012 at 10:08 | Registered CommenterTijuana

ol' joe asks crowd if 'any of them knew anyone who fought in "iran" or Iraq' and then repeats the gaffe by asking if they 'knew anyone who's loved one died in "Iran" or Iraq.'

Though the audience initially looks confused many of them still raise their hands.

October 19, 2012 at 10:15 | Registered CommenterTijuana

Tij;

By the day it's apparent Americans no longer think it's "optimal" for Obama to be President. What a cold & clueless thing to say.

October 19, 2012 at 10:25 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

What kind of sick, ice cold, un-American mind would call those deaths "not optimal?" The man sounds like a sociopath.

October 19, 2012 at 10:38 | Registered CommenterRedBeard

When the MSM starts doing this; you know Obama is in trouble.

October 19, 2012 at 11:38 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

Word of the Day: Romnesia - condition of temporary memory loss triggering debate moderator fact checking smack down.

October 19, 2012 at 12:28 | Registered CommenterChoy Lee Mu

I do hope the CP/LA brings the Benghazi Butterknife with him Monday night.

October 19, 2012 at 12:56 | Unregistered CommenterWinston

Good find, Choy!!

. . . backtracking and side stepping. We’ve got to name this condition that he’s going through. I think it’s called “Romnesia.”

Good stuff.
How long will the liberally biased mainstream media let Multiple Choice Mitt keep trynna shake that Etch-a-Sketch? This robot has got more positions than the Kama Sutra.

Here’s the good news, Virginia: Obamacare covers preexisting conditions

Oh, my, that’s gonna leave a mark. Maybe he should’ve said “ROMNEYcare covers preexisting conditions.”

October 19, 2012 at 13:49 | Registered CommenterWinston

Obama wishes women had amnesia. It's unfortunate for his dying campaign that they remember there are less women working today than 2008. Too bad women remember that they make approximately $3,000 less a year now than 2008. Sorry, it's not due to Lilly L not being a law. When your left with shucking and jiving, trying to keep the topic on anything but your record, it may look good to the eunuchs but the polls tell the story, Obama is through.

October 19, 2012 at 15:01 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

his dying campaign

Too funny. Tom Miller, women's champion.

October 19, 2012 at 17:09 | Unregistered CommenterWinston

C: Word of the Day: Romnesia

W: Good find, Choy!!

Not nearly as great a "find" as this.

(seriously... everything you clowns touch)

October 19, 2012 at 21:31 | Registered Commenterskinnydipinacid

I can't stay here long this morning. As soon as the Dollar Store opens up, I'm gonna go buy a big stack of binders.

October 20, 2012 at 06:02 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard