« New in Music | Main | The Obama Economic Record »
Jan272012

Weekend Open Thread

Well, the Florida Republican Presidential Primary is just a few days away. We Florida residents are now being barraged with campaign commercials as well as rallies and public appearances by the Presidential hopefuls.

But don't be dismayed...they'll be occuring in your neck of the woods soon enough.

The thread is open.

We're not answering the phone until Wednesday morning. Enough.

January 27, 2012 at 20:56 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Bill O'Reilly asked the question tonight why so many of the right wing media and pundits are going after Newt. Like me Bill seemed baffled by this. He sees little difference in the remaining candidates conservative principles as do I. He concluded that (and this was partly based on an off camera question to Coulter as to why) they are all desperate to ensure a defeat of obama and they are scared to death Newt would not be able to do that. Well, for me, I'm feeling a little more sane in having O'Reilly share my sentiments and bafflement concerning the onslaught of criticism against Gingrich and his coming to the same conclusion as I had.

Maybe the pundits are right and I sure don't want a loss to obama anymore that anyone else but one of these day's we are going to have to stop with the sell outs and get in the face of democrats and say enough is enough. And i do not believe that Newt Gingrich is anything but a blue blood conservative who would do just that. I believe that may also be the biggest and real reason why he was not liked as speaker of the house because he was not willing to dance with the democrats as Republicans have done for so long. So we get what we get and we may be getting ready to get a lot more of it. I hope not, but 8 yrs of George Bush did little to nothing to move the conservative cause forward. I have my doubts that Romney would do much more. On that count I'd love to be wrong. I've had it up the ying yang with RINOS.

January 27, 2012 at 21:18 | Registered CommenterTijuana

Hey Red, pick up the damned phone, We need your vote. Too funny. :-)

January 27, 2012 at 21:20 | Registered CommenterTijuana

Red! I keep calling and getting your voicemail!!!

January 27, 2012 at 21:39 | Registered CommenterGrayRider

Red;

Time to call forward your phone calls to the bar.

January 28, 2012 at 11:31 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

No disrespect intended, Redbeard....

I understand being tired of the number of phone calls, but when I was getting 6 or 7 phone calls each evening I felt it was a small price to pay for trying to be involved and engaged in the process.

Even on the robocalls I got pretty good at guessing which ones were Ron Paul sponsored and played with them on any automated responses.

Several of the calls were telephone town halls, which were kind of cool. For a guy like me that never went to campaign events in person, I kept up with who was attacking who by listening to the calls.

January 28, 2012 at 12:13 | Registered CommenterDuff, man

I still have doubts about my choice in the selection process, because I have learned a lot about the candidates after I was done voting.

But I can't understand how someone competing for the Republican nomination can be so unorganized as to not appear on the ballot in every state.

Newt is not on the ballot in Virginia, and the Paulnuts are circulating probable BS that Newt failed to get on the ballots of 5 states.

Virginia has a daunting process, but holy cow, just put in the effort and jump through their hoops.

January 28, 2012 at 12:21 | Registered CommenterDuff, man

I don't know if anyone else saw this but this is very interesting. I think the Obama administration is reading the tea leaves at the SC on Obamacare and know there in big trouble.

From Politico;

"The Obama administration on Friday told the Supreme Court that if the justices rule that the health reform law’s mandate is unconstitutional, they don’t need to get rid of the entire law."

When your acknowledging that part of your legislation may be unconstitutional to save the rest; your in trouble. "Go ahead Doc, cut off my head if it will save the rest of my body." The individual mandate is the tent pole for Obamacare, without their f**ked.

January 28, 2012 at 12:23 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

Good catch, Thomas. Almost an admission of guilt by the Obamatons.

January 30, 2012 at 10:00 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Well, off to the polling place today. I'm gonna write in Harold Stassen.

January 31, 2012 at 06:08 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

Voted!

January 31, 2012 at 12:48 | Registered CommenterGrayRider

Excellent article by Thomas Sowell concerning the smears against Gingrich.

January 31, 2012 at 14:04 | Registered CommenterTijuana

Red;

No Pat Paulsen? That's who my dad you used to joke and say he voted for.

January 31, 2012 at 14:43 | Unregistered CommenterThomas Miller

I thought about it. LOL

Well, now that Romney has clobbered Newt in Florida, what will happen next?

February 1, 2012 at 07:20 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard

I could take 1/17th of what Romney spent in Florida and live two life times off of it. Well, maybe one with the way the COL is going. It's a hell of a thing when your countries future is up for sale to the wealthiest buyer. This guy couldn't sale ice cream to a desert dweller but he can buy the factory that makes it. When nominated if he looses the true conservative base will be angrier than wet hens and fools like coulter will have mud all over their faces.

I still like Gingrich but I keep getting this nagging feeling that Santorum may be the "smartest pick" of the bunch. Now if he'd just cut some of that curl out of the back of his hair that protrudes from his head every time he turns to the left or right. Such a mommas boy. :-)

I'm not too conflicted now am I.

February 1, 2012 at 10:22 | Registered CommenterTijuana

UN PRESIDENT TIM KALEMKARIAN, US PRESIDENT TIM KALEMKARIAN, US SENATE TIM KALEMKARIAN, US HOUSE TIM KALEMKARIAN: BEST MAJOR CANDIDATE.

February 2, 2012 at 18:49 | Unregistered CommenterANONYMOUS

Huh? Tim who? Oh, right; that nut case who runs for every office possible (and loses) yet refuses to tell anyone what his positions might be.

February 3, 2012 at 07:01 | Unregistered CommenterRedBeard